• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6-foot HDMI cable for just $3.19 shipped.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What do they usually cost, and what do you think the catch is?

No catch. More and more online vendors are popping up with 6' hdmi cables for these prices (around $3 shipped, or 3 for $9 shipped). Companies such as Monster would try to have us believe that these cheap cables are inferior to their overpriced fluff.

A 6' hdmi cable in a typical B&M retail store such as Best Buy costs between $40-$60. The price of a similar length Monster hdmi cable varies from around $80 to over $130. Major rip offs.

edit: these cables from amazon look identical to a 3-pack I picked up from meritline a few months ago for $9 shipped. They work fine.

Last edited:
Wow that is even cheaper than monoprice :)

On a side note 6' is too odd a length for me. So far I have needed either 3' lengths or 10' + lengths. 6 is long enough to leave hanging room if TV is on AV rack, and too short if it is not.

No catch. More and more online vendors are popping up with 6' hdmi cables for these prices (around $3 shipped, or 3 for $9 shipped). Companies such as Monster would try to have us believe that these cheap cables are inferior to their overpriced fluff.

A 6' hdmi cable in a typical B&M retail store such as Best Buy costs between $40-$60. The price of a similar length Monster hdmi cable varies from around $80 to over $130. Major rip offs.

edit: these cables from amazon look identical to a 3-pack I picked up from meritline a few months ago for $9 shipped. They work fine.

Couldn't agree more. I tried to convince a buddy that his $40 "Rocketfish" cable from Bestbuy was just as good as the $4 cable I could get him from monoprice. I even explained why. He insisted that there must be a reason that it was so much more expensive then what he considered a "knock off" piece of junk. He said that this was the company that BestBuy swore by. Even after telling his that Rocketfish was actually OWNED by BestBuy he still didn't believe me! I'm shocked at the way advertising enslaves consumers and forces them to donate their hard earned money to the company owners who profit from their ignorance. I literally told him that I didn't know how to further combat his stupidity. And this is a smart guy who I would trust with my life. I just don't know...

Back