• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good boot CD for formating an ICH10R array??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sleepy_Steve

I'm trying to get an OS working on my tower's 250gb raid 1... and I'm having some issues.

Its on an Asus P45 board, drives set up as raid, raid utility seems to be working right, looks like neither my XP or Win7RC disks can pull off the reformat... I suspect it may be missing the right driver or something. :bang head

Ideas? I'm lost at this point, although I suspect its something simple I forgot to do. LOL been a while since I had to install an OS on a raid.

The optical drive you're using to boot off of, is it a SATA drive? If so do you have a spare PATA optical drive you can teporarily put in? I've found that on a few systems the installation disks won't work properly with the SATA optical drives. Even running them in compatibility mode (set in the bios), the installations fail, or are corrupt when they manage to make it all the way through.

The ICH10R controller is natively supported by Win7. XP doesn't natively support it, so like Neur0mancer mentioned you'll need to supply the RAID drivers during the Setup stage (via a floppy, since a thumb drive can't be used during the F6 portion of Setup in XP). Is the array not being seen by Win7 Setup? If the array is recognized, then the RAID drivers have been loaded into memory.

if all you want to do is format the drives, get the GParted LiveCD. Its got a nice gui, and its windows-user friendly

Being seen... but it wont successfully reformat the array for some reason.

And its being loaded from an old PATA drive.

Edit - would my old ubuntu disk be able to wipe the array? Been a while since I tried messing with it.

Last edited:
So its working now... But certain little things like drivers don't care for the OS.

Any idea how to get chipset drivers and the like to function on this?

The latest Win7 compatible Intel chipset drivers are pre-installed during Setup, since the P45 is natively supported by the OS.

Back