• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Serious error running the core

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlucardCasull

Here is the new error, Folding@home has run into a serious error running the core, and will shutdown. I have been getting the VGA errors, where the screen goes black and the fan shuts off, well, since I installed F@H, but I sucked it up because I don't have the time now to fix it. But now it won't even run. I got those new .dll's and tried running it again, but still error. Any ideas? I will have time at the end of the week to start really investigating i hope. Thanks!

Attachments

• fah gpu serioz error ss.JPG
    fah gpu serioz error ss.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 132
This is what the Fah Wiki reports on your error:

Fatal Error:

CoreStatus = FFFFFFF6 (-10)
Client-core communications error: ERROR 0xfffffff6
This is a sign of more serious problems, shutting down.

CAL returns this error code when it cannot initialize the GPU. Verify that there is a monitor on that card and that the Windows desktop has been extended to it. Verify that you're running the correct version of the .dll files.

This is obviously a very general error, and may arise from more than one cause. One problem we see a lot is either the client.cfg parameters are wrong (I got this error once when I accidentally entered the wrong memory for instance), or the files and/or directories for FAH have been moved after the installation.

Is the run time file for CUDA dll in the same directory as your FAH client exe file? Filename: cudart.dll.

Would you post your client.cfg file, from the fah directory?

In Control Panel >> System >> Device Manager >> Display Adapters, does this card show up with the proper identification?

When you try to run it, are you signed into an administrator account, with a password, and is that password the same one you used to install this client?

Have you already run the gpu memory test utility on this card?

I rebooted and it is working again, XP might have been tired and needed a reset. Everything about the password I do, and I didn't know there was a memory test for the card, I will find it and run it and let you know.

Back