• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oil submerged coolin case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's very nice, but this should probably be in Cases and Case Modding. Also, it seems like the whole page is an advertisement for you trying to sell the case.

It would be better to have a thread with the photos, and your comments on the forum, rather than linking to your webpage without any real info on the site.

Yes you right, I now put it in case and modding...
About selling is not why it's made for but I like to give the possibility.
What type of information should I add ?

Thank you for your comment

I think that looks sweet. Definately an interesting build. How are the temps? Any problems building it?

I think that looks sweet. Definately an interesting build. How are the temps? Any problems building it?

Hi,

I will post more info and picture really soon.

Thanks for your interest

more info...

Here some picture of the case
DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

The system inside is:

intel Q6600 at 3ghz
evga 320 gts overclocked
4 go corsair dominator pc 8500
power supply Corsair 620w
WD black caviar 1To
WD caviar 250 go.

I'm going to test the cooling performance soon.
For now, I have an overall cpu temp of 40 to 55 oC and 35 oC for the system...

Last edited:
:screwy::eek:I forgot:

The cooling system is a MagiCool Xtreme Nova 1080 (9 x 120mm fan) radiator and a 360 mm fan.
It is connected to a Koolance PMP-450 high flow pump.

DSC_0028.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,

I just change a little bit how was the radiator/fan install.
I live 2 1/2 inch between the case and the radiator and I invert the airflow direction of the fan.

I run prime95 for 4 hours: (room temperature is 27 oC)

after few minutes : cpu temp 54 oC, system 29 oC

after 3 hours : cpu temp 68 oC, system 35 oC

after 4 hours : cpu temp 68 oC, system 34 oC.

When I stop the test, the cpu temp drop to 49 oC...

( spec : intel Q6600 at 3ghz, 4 go corsair dominator 1066, evga 8800gts overclock)

I think that the same cooling system with 9x120mm fan would bring the temp even lower...

:welcome:

Looks very nice, but will only take a 3G OC to 68C ???

Seems kinda weird, used to run a Q6600 that my wife use's now at 3.6 and could prime it at 75C for hours.

Even had two BFG 8800gts OC's in there and 8Gig of OCZ reapers, just seems would balance out better.

Very impressive looking job on the rig :)

Last edited:
very clean looking for oil :)

i like it alot, though i would change out that fan, it's doing nothing for air movement across a rad.

:welcome:

Looks very nice, but will only take a 3G OC to 68C ???

Seems kinda weird, used to run a Q6600 that my wife use's now at 3.6 and could prime it at 75C for hours.

Even had two BFG 8800gts OC's in there and 8Gig of OCZ reapers, just seems would balance out better.

Very impressive looking job on the rig :)

Hi,

that's what I get for now...

I will continue to do some test... for now I want to see how does everything reacte to the submertion, it only two month inside but everything going well.

I will try to overclok it more and see.
For better cooling it would be better to have 9x120mm fan.... but that for in a little while when I have money to put in again !!!:-/

Thanks

Uhhhh... I don't get it..

the Zalman CPU fan is spinning while submerged into oil??? Wouldnt that slow down the fan speed seriously, to the point of failure risk or something?

curious--what's the fan rpm in the oil?

the Zalman CPU fan is spinning while submerged into oil??? Wouldnt that slow down the fan speed seriously, to the point of failure risk or something?

Yes the fan is still spining but very slowly. It is importante because it help the oil to circulate into the case...

The only thing is that I get a speed fan error when I turn on the computer.
but no other problem.

These guys had the fans spinning for a while w/ no signs of stopping.

http://www.pugetsystems.com/submerged.php

The fans might have a lot of resistance, but they are well oiled and cooled!

Wow, unbelievable.. I'm tempted like hell to do an oil rig myself!

Only problem is, I like to upgrade components often, so it'd be a real mess, and I'd also have a hard time selling stuff covered in oil!

Honestly, the oil rig there looks frigging fantastic for looks, but it honestly looks like way too much trouble for the maintenance and effectiveness.

Just my thoughts, looks like a piece of art work I must say.

:beer:

Back