• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Manual Fan Control

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

If I enable manual fan control in the Control Center and set it to around 25-30% so that the card will idle cooler, will it still automatically spool up to a higher speed when it needs to, like when playing a game or something?

No it will not it will stay at the % that you set it at your best bet would be to modify the bios depending on which card you have as i did and now my card doesnt go above 60 deg C at full load and it doesnt make much noise either i would say it sets itself to 35% max

Rivatuner only lets it get down to 25% while CCC lets it get to 20%. However, on automatic mode it never gets below something like 30-35%. On top of that, there is no reason to cool the card down any more at idle. In fact, I set it to 20% when I'm not playing games to quiet it down.

Last edited:
I forgot to add that you have the option to create a profile...set your clocks to min(500/450) and put a shortcut on ur desktop or w/e so you can set it to min while in 2d and another one for oc or while using 3d apps...but again its personal preference

No it will not it will stay at the % that you set it at your best bet would be to modify the bios depending on which card you have as i did and now my card doesnt go above 60 deg C at full load and it doesnt make much noise either i would say it sets itself to 35% max

Just to clarify, if i set it at 20%, it will automatically change to 35% or whatever if it sees that it needs to?

Stan you sig says 4980, you mean 4890 :). No it wont automaticly change to 35% if you manually set it at 20%.

Oh wow, yea i did, need to change that. Thanks for the answer.

Back