• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

super slow blu-ray drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi, i was wondering if you guys know why my blu-ray drive is acting so freaken slow? bought a new motherboard and ever since, installing windows takes forever. The initial load up hangs for 3-4 minutes, inch by inch installing. It wasnt this slow before.
Any idea if it could be a wrong sata cable? some setting in my bios?

motherboard is gigabyte gae45-udsr

What drive? I have a Sony one that is the same way, it is really slow at CD's/DVD (reading about 1.7x according to my ripping program for audio CD's).

Hey, look at that, same one I got. I'll wait to see if someone else knows what to do. In the meantime, I join you.

Yeah I have also an old pioneer 111d ide drive that is also super slow in reading of from cd/dvd. I believe it's the drive is to blame.

Don't know if it's an issue with Bluray drives and SATA but I know an optical will be dirt slow if it's in PIO mode instead of DMA. Worth checking, at least.

edit: Here's what it looks like on my PATA optical. Make sure yours says DMA (whatever level) and not PIO.

Attachments

• DMA.jpg
    DMA.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 503
Don't know if it's an issue with Bluray drives and SATA but I know an optical will be dirt slow if it's in PIO mode instead of DMA. Worth checking, at least.

edit: Here's what it looks like on my PATA optical. Make sure yours says DMA (whatever level) and not PIO.

mine looks like yours, and its still slow.

Back