• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9550 on Gigabyte P45-UD3P - Help a newbie on P45

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

So with my E6400, I just left most things at Auto and set the FSB for a basic OC. I never bothered playing around to do anything higher.

Fast forward to today where I receive a Q9550 and want to play around with some settings and see what I can do with my setup. But P45 has so many settings of which I'm not familiar. Can someone school me a little bit and help me get this thing OCed? I'm not finding too much that helps me figure out all those voltage settings or where I might want to go with them.

Thanks!

Q9550 C1
Gigabyte P45-UD3P
GSkill 2x2GB DDR2-1000
TRUE with decent CFM fan (high speed Scythe Slipstream)
Silverstone OP650

You disabled speed stepping and that C1 thing right? And maybe one other similar throttling feature. My goal is to find a good voltage on the CPU for 3.4ghz because I think that will work the best with my 800mhz ddr2 ram.

Now I'm looking for an asus p45 thread lol.

yep, I did disable C1E and SS. My main problem was that I didn't know what all these new voltage settings were and what they affected. Also a few other random settings. Like just starting to read that XS thread I see there is something called LLC. Which seems like it eliminates or greatly reduces vdroop? Lotsa stuff to figure out I guess.

Yeah LLC reduces Vdroop quite a bit (at least did for me).

What I did, under the instruction of another memeber here, was set everything to "normal" except DRAM voltage, and CPU VID and then let the motherboard figure it out and just messed with FSB, Multi, and Ram settings.

Hey guys i have an XFX 780i mobo, same CPU an intel Q9550 at 3.4GHz now and stable :)

fsb is 1600
CPU VCORE is at 1.27V (only ever goes up to 1.24V thoguh)
CPS FSB runs at 1.18 but i set it to 1.2V in bios

my memmory is running at 910MHz i believe and like i said its running fine for me :)

temps at idle with an xigmatec cooler = 28 average has been at 26

temps at full load are at = 51 to 53 never seen it go higher :)

hope that info helps out fellas :D

Well I got mine to 3.4 pretty easily... ram maxed at 800, LLC on, C1E disabled, SS disables, 400mhz buss speed. Put my DRam voltage at 2.1, and I think I put my CPU's vCore at 1.225. Think I have pretty much everything else at auto, hoping it stays stock and protects the rest of the system from harm, things like hard drives lol.

I'm slowly starting to do stability testing now, hopefully I won't be stupid and over volt the crap out of this chip like I did to my E6600 (which ended up crippling it for life). Temperatures seem to be in control today, but that may be primarily because my AC is working better in my apartment lol.

Edit - adding pic (kinda large)

Initialwin7benchtimes.jpg

Last edited:
Back