• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Gromac \ GPU2 nv mt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GeneralMac

Man they keep switching up on me...from core 11 to core 14.
I keep losing my priorities and infinity settings.
the diference is 8,000 ppd
Is there anything i can do to preventing losing my settings when they switch cores? :bang head

Should be no reason to change the priority of the GPU2 core, idle or low as specified in the config sequence are the only options that will do you any good... but you may want to set affinity.

Add an Environment Variable called NV_FAH_CPU_AFFINITY. Set it's value as such depending on what core(s) you want ALL GPU2 cores to run on (assuming a quad core, 0-6 only for a dual).

0 = all cores
1 = core 0
2 = core 1
3 = core 0 + 1
4 = core 2
5 = core 0 + 2
6 = core 1 + 2
7 = core 0 + 1 + 2
8 = core 3
9 = core 0 + 3
10 = core 1 + 3
11 = core 0 + 1 + 3
12 = core 2 + 3
13 = core 0 + 2 + 3
14 = core 1 + 2 + 3
15 = core 0 + 1 + 2 + 3

Last edited:
You can do that too... but the environment variable is a "no cost" solution. i.e. no third-party program necessary. :)

ok thanks for the core set will do that to the short cut, but was really hopping for the priority to stay at high......will let ya now

thank you

opps cant do that to short cut can i?

Environment variables must be set in control panel/system/advanced/environment variables.

As Harlam said, there is no reason to set priority in task manager. Every time a WU is completed, the FahCore_XX processes end, lose process priority, and return to thread priority as set in FAH config, idle (default) and low. If you were to get FAH to really run at "high" priority, your machine would be unusable.

Back