• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think i have hit a wall with my i7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[BIOS]O.o

Well as the title says i think i may have run into a wall as far as overclocking my i7 C0 goes. I can get it limp around @ 4GHz at 200x20 with 1.39V and memory at stock timing if i bump the multi i can hit bench stable 4.343GHz not prime tested this is @ 1.52V and again stock memory settings. I have throttling disabled so its pretty solid overclock. Temps are fine even at 4.3GHz but i can get it to post at anything over 4.3GHz witch i see is pretty good for C0 stepping i7 but id like to hit 4.4GHz or maybe even more just for some super pi scores! and tips would be awesome! Remember i havnt changed anything else other than my CPU Volts, Multi and disabled throttling everything else is the auto.

Screens:
TMPS-5.jpg

You may want to try raising your PCI freq to 110. It worked for me to get a few more mhz on the bclock. I think you are maxing your Mobo rather than the chip. I have 2 asus boards and they both crap out at about 220bclock, but I had to pump up the PCIe freq to get there.

Hmmm.... ill give it a try. iv seen Rampage II extreme's hit 4.6GHz before id like to think i could hit at least 4.5GHz when i get my D0 stepping version! but it could be that this is my boards limit...

Back