• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4890's on the ol' Egg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Damn!! Some of these are as low as $184.00 - $20.00 MIR = $164.00.

Now I only need to convince the wife why I "need" 3 more video cards:)

I picked up this card a few days ago for $185 AMIR only $200 before MIR, so still a decent deal!

But the price is back up a little higher now. Just sharing that 4890's are definitely cheap!

I got the unOCed version for $180 and I thought that was an incredible deal. But a 4890 for $165 is just redonkulous. You would be crazy not to buy one of those, unless you already have one.

I don't get it, whats the difference between multiple 4890's of the same manufacturer? Becuase they don't say Crossfire ready? Doesn't crossfire work regardless?

are the 4890's significantly better than what i have? (EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit)

Nah, I wouldn't say they are significantly better. A little better, but I wouldn't say it would be enough to warrant an upgrage, IMO.

I recently upgraded from a 260 216, and for the what the 4890 ended up costing after selling my 260 216 (roughly $40), it's a pretty decent upgrade.

Im also going to try and sell my GTX260 and buy a pair of these, if not, at least one, should only cost me about $50 bucks depending on what I get for the 260.
I would think a pair of these would be a nice stepup from a 260?

Back