• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a small LGA775 cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

markp1989

i just brought the following case: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134831

Any my OCz vanquisher is to tall to fit in it (not my much just over a CM) so im looking for a smaller , and quiet cooler to cool my over-clocked Intel E5200 running at 3.75GHz

What would you lot recommend?

im thinking of:

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 low profile
Scythe Mini Ninja (not sure if it will fit)
Scythe Shuriken

Any other sugestions i should look in to?

im thinking of:

Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 low profile
Scythe Mini Ninja (not sure if it will fit)

Scythe Shuriken

Any other sugestions i should look in to?

Those two are pretty good coolers and should fit , I have the ACFreezer7 pro in the Wifes mATX case fits fine

Those two are pretty good coolers and should fit , I have the ACFreezer7 pro in the Wifes mATX case fits fine

Thanks for the replies, i have measured my case. and i have 117mm of clearence .

the ninja mini, would fit, but it doesnt have pwm, which i would prefer, if i needed to i could replace the fan.

you said that you have the freezer7 pro in your wives case. is it running at stock speeds? and what are the temperatures like?

Thanks Markp1989

I would look into the Thermalright AXP-140. It is a top down type cooler with a height if 72mm without a fan. Of course I would not try to run fanless, but it will take a 120 or 140mm fan. you should be able to run a 25mm thick fan and be able to clear your side panel. You might be able to do a 38mm, but I would be worried about the fan being able to breathe that close to your side panel. I haven't seen any reviews of it yet, but I would really like to know how it performs.

He has the vent right there over the cpu so I don't the fan will have any trouble breathing.

Sorry posting from my phone so it gets kinda hard to see pics in some of the links. The zoom on this thing can be good on some sites and bad on others. I love newegg links because they have a mobile version.

Thanks for the replies, i have measured my case. and i have 117mm of clearence .

the ninja mini, would fit, but it doesnt have pwm, which i would prefer, if i needed to i could replace the fan.

you said that you have the freezer7 pro in your wives case. is it running at stock speeds? and what are the temperatures like?

Thanks Markp1989

E6550 @ 3.0 Ghz runs 20-21 idle and 40-44 100% loaded with F@H SMP & GPU

Think from memory the AC7 is 126.5mm

As deadlysyn has also suggested is a great cooler too.

Back