• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Artic Cooling Freezer Pro 7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Just got this today from drshivas. Nice cooler and lapped so I figured it would do a bit better than the stock cooler for my back-up rig. Running an E8200 (ES) @ 8x400 with default voltage.

Anyway I noticed the temps are somewhat whacked out, but I'm not sure. Bios reports the temps idle @ about 20-22c, but all the proggies I used report the temps 10c cooler. Like wtf am I seeing things here?

HWMonitor
Coretemp
Realtemp

All report temps @ 10c cooler than the bios. Running P95 now with large FFT's for maximum heat and with the Freezer pro mounted up, temps don't go over 33-34c loaded. With the stock cooler I was getting near 50c.

Not sure if I should be happy about the cooler temps, or be concerned about different temps reported.

Any clues guys? :confused:

From back in the P4 days, it was understood that bios temps were not actual idle temps, they were considered to be ~30-40% load. Dunno if the c2d chips have the same affliction.

Looks like that freezer pro is treating you well tho, nice delta from the stock cooler to this :beer:

Any chance to try the cpu in another mobo and see what kind of temps it gives? OR try another chip in the same mobo and see if it gives what you may consider to be ridiculously low temp readings.

Swapping chips is not feasable. I don't have any other chip nor mobo to test each in :-/

One thing is for certain tho, running P95 for several hours and the max load temps I got was 34c. I might as well just accept it for what it is and just leave it alone. I was gonna update the bios, but the rig is running normally.

From back in the P4 days, it was understood that bios temps were not actual idle temps, they were considered to be ~30-40% load. Dunno if the c2d chips have the same affliction.

It has been my observation that my "idle" temps in bios are a little higher than they are in Windows.

Dollar for dollar, the ACF7 is one of the best CPU coolers available.
I've used a bunch.
Those low temps may be pretty close to being accurate.
I just stuck one on a buddy's E6420 and it idles 21C and with P95 small FFTs runs at 48-51C according to CORE TEMP.

Those temps are about right, my AC7 on e6550 @ 3.0Ghz runs 42-44 C 100% Loaded with F@H-SMP and GPU

They are a great cooler,

Back