• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xigmatek Dark Knight Mounting help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoenixOfChaos

So, some of you may have seen my thread over in the intel section, I've got an E8400 that was able to prime for 7.5 hours at 4050mhz @ 1.168v, so I'm thinking a bit more of a bump on the voltage that I could have it 24/7 stable. However, I'm kinda screwed on that being that my temps were getting really high - 67C infact. Now, Im thinking I may have mounted this thing crappy as now my idle temps are even higher than they used to be.

Yes, I'm using the boltdown kit.

But, when I applied the AS5 I definitely put it across the core of the CPU then put the HSF down and bolted it in. Is the technique I should've been using?

Also I have it mounted like this, pardon the crude text-drawing;

[.......................]
[<--[HSF][FAN] ]
(Crude, I know)

And it seems like a LOT of the airflow is coming out of the sides of the HSF instead of going through it almost like it was designed more for pull than push.

Last edited:
I too have seen that with my sunbeam where the air seemed to move to the sides even with a 120mm blowing through and a 120 exhaust right next to it, but I covered the edges with duct tape to get the flow towards the back and I actually found higher temps. So I doubt it is an issue as it will find a way out of the case eventually.

Back