• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Y'know what?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x30Jx

Sucks to all this overclocking, CPU Stepping, RAID Arraying, setting up, tinkering, and everything else I mentioned in the "...What;s the point?" thread.

I AM GETTING AN iMAC.
Like, Fo ****.:beer:

Can't wait for Snow Leopard!!!:D

Just felt like I needed to tell everyone.

While running Apple hardware for OSX is a valid choice, you can ignore all this OCing and tinkering like 99,9999% of the population and just buy a Dell or something.... Not as if Apple is your only choice here.

Sucks to all this overclocking, CPU Stepping, RAID Arraying, setting up, tinkering, and everything else I mentioned in the "...What;s the point?" thread.

I AM GETTING AN iMAC.

Understandable, all the techy tweeking and worrying about voltages, RAM timings and TDPs etc. can wear you down, after a while.

I just said 'screw it' and bought a Macbook last night off Apple Store's refurb section. I'm tired of my Everex low budget-low power poorly supported Via chipset laptop, My laptop is just for surfing the net when away for my desktops, little else. :beer:

You don't have to overclock your pc. I don't, it takes a lot of time and I'd rather just play games. They all run excellently anyway.

I still think that buying your own hardware and building it yourself is cheaper and you get better performance/dollar. You also have the choice in getting better components, namely motherboards and power supplies. I think Dell is still using electrolytic capacitors for motherboards and their power supplies have no room for upgrades. An Optiplex 760 with a E8600 processor, HD 3450 graphics card, and 4 GB of memory only has a power supply with a maximum output of 255W, but hey they built that system with the original configuration in mind and power supplies get the best efficiency at 50% load. You can choose not to overclock.

Really I don't see much reason to overclock anymore since I'm not doing any CPU intensive tasks like rendering, compiling, or encoding. Overclocking shortens the lifespan and ruins the power efficiency of processors.

I still like OCForums though since there is knowledgable people in other topics.

Last edited:

I AM GETTING AN iMAC.

Funny that u will post that on a OC forum :)

Were you born during an earthquake or something? No one is forcing you to OC. And if you want power and speed without OCing, then why the hell would you buy a Mac?

why are you on an overclockers website telling us about your lack of overclocking enthuiasm and how you like oem systems.

dont mean to sound rude but maybe a dell or imac forum would be a better place for you.

I rather like my macbook pro.. I think it's the best notebook i've owned so far construction wise and speed wise (and probably the fastest thing in the house currently) But if we're talking overclocking I have a 333MHz ppc G3 iMac that I overclocked to 450Mhz..

I think its a shame that you have not presented any reason regarding your requirements and what made you eventually select apple products over anything else and what prompted this thread, Im very curious regarding if would you have felt the need to create a similar post if you had selected a Dell product.?

I personally think it's impossible to feel smug after buying a PC. Can't be done. Won't ever happen. Never going to be a factor. I looked at Apple products recently and could not find a technically sound reason to purchase one.
They still crash irrespective of what fanboys tell you and the hardware is not great performance or value for money as such im curious regarding what made you select one.

Last edited:
well the thing is, the most demanding thing I do is watching 720p HD media, and ripping/transcoding DVD's (shhhh...) so I really don't need anything beyond a dual core, nor do I need that dual core to be mind blowingly powerful.

The reason I am going into mac is primarily because of y mother's purchase of an iMac (20"). It literally took me about 15 minutes to set up the iMac, create a 802.11n network, start backing up the iMac's contents to a wireless hard drive, set up a printer through the Time Caspule (and begin printing stuff from my PC upstairs wireless, as well as from the Mac), and create my mom's itunes library and sync her iPod to it.
Meanwhile, every time i want to move stuff around in my room (which i do ALL the time) I have to unplug 6 cables from the tower, 3 from my monitor, and my subwoofer and speaker relay cable just to move my desk. The iMac has a grand total of 2. (power and audio out). Windows takes at least 30 minutes just to install most of the time, i have the flakiest wireless known to man, Vista is suckier than Xp and OS X is eons ahead of XP. My dell pumps out enough heat to literally not open the central heating vent in my room in the winter, and is ridiculously loud sometimes.

Furthermore, I am a minimalist in design, so the entire Mac product line is perfect. The iMac has no codes on the front, no buttons or labels, just one black apple on the beautiful brushed aluminum. The mac is designed to be as wireless as possible, built in bluetooth and wifi. I already own the apple wireless keyboard even though I use a dell because I love it so much.

Yes, I know that mac have problems like PC's, I know they are not invincible, but they are considerably less bloated, have virtually no viruses even coded from them, and are designed to be simpler.

And finally, face it. Mac fanboys are usually cooler, smarter, and more chill than PC fanboys.

The reason I am going into mac is primarily because of y mother's purchase of an iMac (20"). It literally took me about 15 minutes to set up the iMac, create a 802.11n network, start backing up the iMac's contents to a wireless hard drive, set up a printer through the Time Caspule (and begin printing stuff from my PC upstairs wireless, as well as from the Mac), and create my mom's itunes library and sync her iPod to it.

Furthermore, I am a minimalist in design, so the entire Mac product line is perfect. The iMac has no codes on the front, no buttons or labels, just one black apple on the beautiful brushed aluminum. The mac is designed to be as wireless as possible, built in bluetooth and wifi. I already own the apple wireless keyboard even though I use a dell because I love it so much.

Yes, I know that mac have problems like PC's, I know they are not invincible, but they are considerably less bloated, have virtually no viruses even coded from them, and are designed to be simpler.

Ubuntu?

Enjoy your iMac. If you choose to, iMacs can be overclocked.

Back