• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Conversion of Xigmatek S1283

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dan Dolan

Has anyone had experience converting the Xigmatek HDT S1283R cpu fan (775 socket) for a 1366 socket?

I can exchange the fan that I have for the S1283V, which is configured for the 1366 socket, but this will take time. The other option is to buy the ACK-I7361 conversion kit. It seems to me that the S1283V is essentially the same as the S1283R with the conversion kit built in, so I am tempted to go that way. Does anyone know if there is another reason why the S1283V would be preferable over the S1283R modified with the ACK-I7361?

I found no newegg results for "S1283R" so I am going to just say go with the dark knight. It is one of the best air coolers anyway. Don't skimp.

^^ Get that if you don't want to wait, but what exactly do you mean by "return cycle?" I don't really get it. It would take just as long to ship a bracket as it would to ship a whole new cooler, unless you wanted to pay more for the faster shipping which would be cheaper on the bracket due to the lower weight.

Thanks Chance. I got the dark night. It looks to be essentially the same unit as the S1283 (drop the R on the Newegg list, sorry) with the crossbow adapter for the 1366 socket. I thought it better to be safe than sorry.

Back