• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking and 64 bit OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmsch

I know it is bet to install any OS at stock settings, so my question is if I plan to use Windows 7 64 Bit as my OS will I be able to achieve the same OC that I am running now once it is installed?

Also I will be adding 2 more of those G Skill 2GB DDR2-1000 dimms for a total of 8GB RAM. Main rig in sig.

I've got windows 7 x64 installed on my back-up rig. It's an E8200 (ES) oc'ed to 3.2Ghz with stock voltage. No problems at all ocing. Runs extremely fast and P95 rock steady stable.

I'm sure you won't run into any issues. I did install win7 @ stock speed just to be on the safe side for fear of corrupting files during the install. Once it was all installed and updated, I started ocing ;)

I've been running my Q6600 @3GHz from the get-go and just do everything at that modest OC, including BIOS flashes and OS installations. So far, so good :thup:

Back