• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA 730a Hybrid Sli O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scoot0073

Registered
EVGA 730a Hybrid Sli mobo 113E
AMD Phenom X4 9550 2.2
OCZ SLI 8500 800mhz 4G 2x2 555 12,1T

i can't find tha muliiplier in tha bio's to change it. c-puid say its at 11 x but i cant find it nowhere.:bang head what is tha wording n tha bios for tha multiplier ?
thanks for anyones help:confused:

Last edited:
ok i think i found it. CPU DID , default is 11x when i open it to select a value it show
0 = 11x
1 = 5.5x
2 = 2.75x
3 = 1.3x
so i guess these r the only choice's i have for tha multiplier?
1/2/3 are to low so i guess im stuck w/ 11x
the best tha i can get with tha multi at 11x is 221 = 2.4. when i up tha FSB any higher
windows crashs . now im stable @ 11x 221 =2.4 temp 36-37 stable.
i know this cpu can do better than this. any help to whats holding me back since temp is'nt a problem? thanks

ok update. im at 231x11 2.544 loaded temps is 49-50 according to CoreTemp. i ran OCCT for 30 mins stable. my ? is do i still need to run Prime 95 or not? thanks for tha help

:welcome: to OCF!

Maybe not P95 but I'd run OCCT longer than that. I'm still a fan of the 24-hour test but there are differences of opinion about that. ;)

The biggest question is "What do you use your rig for?". If it's just gaming then a few hours of testing might be enough ...

CPU FID is the Multiplier on the 730a. CPU VID = CPU voltage. The CPU FID is supposed to be a divider of some type for the CPU multiplier, I'm not sure what it does, I haven't messed with it.

Go to the EVGA website and down load the Manual it has s section on the BIOS and is much better than the Documentation that came with the motherboard.

The settings in for CPU FID and CPU VID are in Hexidecimal, if you have problems converting them go to the EVGA forums I believe the conversion charts for both are posted there.

:welcome: to OCF!

Maybe not P95 but I'd run OCCT longer than that. I'm still a fan of the 24-hour test but there are differences of opinion about that. ;)

The biggest question is "What do you use your rig for?". If it's just gaming then a few hours of testing might be enough ...

yea i use it for gaming. thanks for yr help homie:thup: thats cool ill do a 24 hr test with OCCT np.

update!! ok now im at 240 X11 @ 2.640 temps loaded 49-50 35-36 @ idle

CPU FID is the Multiplier on the 730a. CPU VID = CPU voltage. The CPU FID is supposed to be a divider of some type for the CPU multiplier, I'm not sure what it does, I haven't messed with it.

Go to the EVGA website and down load the Manual it has s section on the BIOS and is much better than the Documentation that came with the motherboard.

The settings in for CPU FID and CPU VID are in Hexidecimal, if you have problems converting them go to the EVGA forums I believe the conversion charts for both are posted there.

yea nice board just lack of a manual. a folded piece of paper was tha manual lol.
thanks for that info homie:thup: yea i been out of building comps since tha Socket A boards. and now this board things really have changed in tha bio's lol.
thanks alot for this info and yr time :thup:

QuietIce; ok it passed 22 hrs of OCCT tha chart showed my cpu temps peaked @ 55c.
but i noticed my GPU temps reached 41c , whats tha temp spec's for tha GPU? and this is on board graphics, still saving for tha card.

can't find any O/C info for this chip. just curious what others r getting it up to on air.
stock @2.2 now @2.6 that seems to be a good O/C . but lol.. still don't see a performance notice any.

i got to get this Maximus II mobo on tha roll. can't wait to c what it will do

I didn't know the IGP had a temp sensor - thought it was part of the northbridge? Anyway, NB chipset temps should run in the lower 40's so you're good there as is your CPU temp.

IMO - If you can get a 20% OC then you're doing good on any CPU ... ;)

I didn't know the IGP had a temp sensor - thought it was part of the northbridge? Anyway, NB chipset temps should run in the lower 40's so you're good there as is your CPU temp.

IMO - If you can get a 20% OC then you're doing good on any CPU ... ;)

it doen't thats what Everest was showing. just wanted to make sure its all good. thank homie for all yr help. i wanna up it some more but im sure im reaching tha limit lol. but what tha heck let me see what it will do just so i know lol.

Last edited:
i got OCZ thermal past on , do u think it would make much diff if i use AS5 ?

Not really. You can get a few degrees switching from white to gray but gray to gray seldom gains a lot unless you're being real meticulous about what you're doing ...

Or just use the Windows calculator ... ;)

ok theres no Hex chart at evaga's site . i thought i ran across it here 1 time but cant find it now. does any1 have a link or site they could post up?
or
QueitIce; could u explain how i would use tha calculator? like what part of tha bios do i calculate ? :confused:

I meant to use the calculator to change from decimal/hex. If you set View/Scientific there's a converter right there - just use the buttons at the top left side. If need be you can make your own "chart" ... :shrug:

^^
crap..... i posted my reply to this topic in tha motherboard topic. ggrrrrrrrr......:bang head :bang head

just wish that EVGA made more AMD boards. i really like the looks of their Intel boards but none AMD.

Back