• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still having mon issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I still cannot get win7 64 to work with my monitor....I have installed the video card drivers from EVGA, and have told the OS to extend the displays, and when I do that, the little TV on the S-video input just shows the D.T. background pic with win7 etc at the right bottom:EDIT: with no task bar or start button :EDIT:, but the HP M50 monitor will not lite.
Ok after messing around, I finaly got the monitor to lite by "duplicating the displays, and went to work...when I get home, the monitor is blank again and the DT is on the little TV.
What really blows is that the HP monotor is detected properly as M50 pnp monitor :bang head
Something else weird happened...because I could not see the main screen and the monitor/display was on the monitor that will not lite, I hit the reset button and it went back to "prepairing your computer for 1st use" again...so I had to re-input the product key (without a re-install) and choose a different user name as the one I had was alrready in use.
Win7 32 should be finalized but 64 needs better drivers 'cause the ones now just don't cut it.
Backward compatibility should be at least five yrs or more...I mean hdd's and monitors will sometimes last more than ten yrs.
I am totaly frustrated with the 64 bit version...it sux when you can't even see what you are typing because the tv I'm working with is too small and the text is way too blurry.
Well, I'm off to the web to find some other driver for this POS.

Last edited:
Are you using the Release Candidate (build 7100) or one of the other "leaked" builds? I have gotten my install of Windows 7 to work with up to four monitors at once so far. A 15", 2x19", and a single 30" 2560x1600. As well as also trying to run it on a 720p 36" HDTV display. So far all of them have shown up just fine. I'm using Nvidia cards in mine though. You didn't state which brand or chipset you were using, or I might try to give a little more tuned advice, unless you are talking about the same system you have in you signature (the 8600GT). I have two 8800GTs in mine. I have not tried out the svideo port though. Are you using the WHQL certified drivers specific for Windows 7, the beta drivers (v186.06 I think is the most current), or Windows Vista drivers (you can do that too). You might try posting all your specifics to the Nvidia forums and to the official Windows 7 RC Support Forum located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5 . At the Windows 7 forums they are usually pretty fast to respond, and also have already solved a lot of the issues that people are running into.

Dang :-/ I just finished formatting and installing win7 x64 on the main. Everything went fine including my monitor drivers. I thought I was gonna have issues with my raid, but nope. Raid drivers installed smoothly as well. Only drivers I had an issue with was for my webcam (skype). Installed the Vista x64 drivers for it bingo no problem. I'm all updated and running a-o-k.

I wonder why you're having such bad luck with it? I know you're not in the mood for a bit of humor, but is your monitor even USA made? I mean the only reason you would have trouble with monitor drivers is it's made by some 3rd world country that MS is not a part of, lol ;)

Hope you get it resolved somehow.

*Edit*

Spoke too soon :rolleyes:

Tho my monitor is working just fine (Syncmaster 225BW) with windows generic driver, the monitor's driver is "incompatible" with win7 :shrug:

Last edited:
Back