• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best air cooler for q6600@ 3.6ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vivek

What is the best air cooler for a q6600 running at 3.6 ghz? I can't spend more than $60. I looked at the noctua NH-U12P, tuniq tower, and xigmatek...Anybody know which is the best? You can tell of other coolers too.

the TRUE, Prolimatech Megahalems, and the IFX are considered among the best. They are all around your price point, maybe a little more due to shipping, unless you can find them locally.

yeah, for Quads, you'd want to go with a high end cooler because they put out far more heat than any dual core.
you also may want to consider some new HS that have come out recently
Xigmatek Thors Hammer
Megahalems.

these 2 are pretty beasty.

EDIT:
also if you get a TRUE, be sure to get some high static pressure fans, to help air get pushed through the tiny gaps between each fin.

TRUE lapped and washer mod.
IFX is behind TRUE and is not worth the price.
Prolimatech Megahalems, Thermolab Baram, Scythe Mugen 2 are very close to TRUE lapped and modded.
If it fits in budget Noctua NH-U12P is a very good heatsink which come with a very good TIM, very secure mount with backplate and one of the best fans on the market today.

I have a AC7 but I'm not quite happy with it. The fan died on it a few months after I bought it and it doesn't cool as well as I would like it to. Don't know if you can do better in the cheapy cheap cheap range though.

I also poo poo the AC7, its okay, but for 40 bucks, you can definitely do better

I have a AC7 but I'm not quite happy with it. The fan died on it a few months after I bought it and it doesn't cool as well as I would like it to. Don't know if you can do better in the cheapy cheap cheap range though.

i used an AC7 too before i switched to my TRUE, subpar cooling performance and pretty noisy. The reason I had bought it orginially was because I was too lazy to remove my motherboard, oh what a fool I was!

Back