• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTA IV - graphics settings help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cogman

i have just got gta iv and i am already liking it but the only thing is that i cannot get the right settings for my pc!! and its really irritating when the memory usage thingy doesnt let u higher ur settings or ... well... you know what i mean. Can someone suggest the graphic settings in gta iv.. Thanks

Listed below are my system requirements for you to help decide that right settings:

AMD Dual core x2 5000
256mb ati radeon HD 3650
500gb hdd
2gb RAM

THANKS ONCE AGAIN!! :d

anyone out there........ Helloooo.....?

You can disable the memory limit thing by createing commandline.txt in the gtaiv program folder, and then adding -nomemrestrict

also if your having troubles and want to get the most fps you might as well add -noblank and -minspecaudio

Make sure you have the 1.3.0 patch or whatever which allows you to have more game options and the ability to turn shadows off. I don't know how well a 3650 will do. But I can tell you this game is a CPU vampire. Pretty much your FPS are limited by your CPU.

On my laptop in sig, I get about 18-20 fps average in high, and about 25fps average in medium/tiny bit of high. Playable. But not smooth as butter.

On my new PC in sig, the game has no problems at all. But as long as you have a decent C2D or a duel core at 2.6ghz or more, you should be ok to run it at a somewhat enjoyable level. And if you really want the FPS, then turn the shadows off and the FPS will skyrocket. Also you shouldent be exceeding the memory limits unless if you have a high end system. My desktop I exceed the memory limits if I really wanna max it out and it runs fine. But on my laptop if I exceed those limits it gets pretty slow.

Back