• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noise:Performance:Price 92mm fan(s)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends on what you're trying to cool down? Also depends what ratios youre looking for

Depends on what you're trying to cool down? Also depends what ratios youre looking for

low Noise is the priority, then Performance, then Price. I don't mind paying a premium for something if its the best, but I want to be SURE its the best.

Trying to cool my HR-03 GT VGA cooler. I know it can run passively, but from reviews I've read adding a fan drops the temps like 10-20C.

Last edited:
i know someone else has to use the hr-03 with a fan or at least know of good 92mm fans.

help a brotha out!

Panaflo makes great quality 92mm fans. SOmething like THIS might suit your needs.

i little too loud, i want to keep it under 28DB if possible
when i had my 8600GT's and accelero S2 cooler i used 2x arctic cooling fans on them. they are silent. i now use them to suck the heat out of my TV.

http://www.jab-tech.com/Arctic-Cooling-92mm-PWM-Case-Fan-AF9225-PWM-pr-4411.html
these seem to be more along the lines of what I was looking for. I'll probably order sometime next week.

thanks for the input guys!

If you still want 92mm fans, I would go for Scythe's S-Flex line over the Kama series:

http://www.jab-tech.com/Scythe-S-FLEX-SFF92C-92mm-Silent-Fan-2000-RPM-pr-4445.html

I have 2000RPM version of the Kama that you first linked, and as good as the airflow is, there is this distinct motor ticking noise where even undervolting it using my fan controller couldn't even get rid of it. Picture a regular house fan and sticking a piece of paper into the spinning blades - that's the sound that I heard from my fan. Granted I only have one so it could be a defective fan but I have read on Scythe's own forums that the S-Flex line, in general, uses a higher quality version of the Fluid Dynamic Bearings from Sony. My own experience now with 3 of the 120mm S-Flex G confirms the absence of any motor noise. So if you're looking for something that lasts a while check out the fan I linked. There are other speeds as well, I just happened to choose the middle of the pack version. :)

If you still want 92mm fans, I would go for Scythe's S-Flex line over the Kama series:

http://www.jab-tech.com/Scythe-S-FLEX-SFF92C-92mm-Silent-Fan-2000-RPM-pr-4445.html

I have 2000RPM version of the Kama that you first linked, and as good as the airflow is, there is this distinct motor ticking noise where even undervolting it using my fan controller couldn't even get rid of it. Picture a regular house fan and sticking a piece of paper into the spinning blades - that's the sound that I heard from my fan. Granted I only have one so it could be a defective fan but I have read on Scythe's own forums that the S-Flex line, in general, uses a higher quality version of the Fluid Dynamic Bearings from Sony. My own experience now with 3 of the 120mm S-Flex G confirms the absence of any motor noise. So if you're looking for something that lasts a while check out the fan I linked. There are other speeds as well, I just happened to choose the middle of the pack version. :)

thanks for the review, but I'm gonna go with what conumdrum suggested since I already have the fan (120mm) and that way I dont have to pay/wait for shipping (or the fan for that matter lol). I'll post temps after I get it set up!

Back