• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bethesda Elder Scrolls (Oblivion GOTY, Morrowind) games now available on Steam!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jivetrky

For anyone that doesn't already own Oblivion, it's now available on Steam.

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
Released: Jun 16, 2009 $11.19

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition
Released: Jun 16, 2009 $16.79

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
Released: Jun 16, 2009 $19.99

The Elder Scrolls ® Game of the Year Pack Deluxe
Released: Jun 16, 2009 $28.19

(The prices go up a few $$ after June 19th)

Link to all Bethesda Games on Steam

For Oblivion, what the GOTY Deluxe edition has over the standard GOTY edition is the inclusion of these addons:

• [*]* Fighter's Stronghold Expansion
    Live the life of a noble warrior in this expansive castle with private quarters, grand dining hall, and a wine cellar.​

[*]* Knights of the Nine Quest
    Vanquish the evil that has been released upon the land. New dungeons, characters, quests, and mysteries await.​

[*]* Spell Tome Treasures
    Get these books and find low and high-level spells, as well as new powerful spells with multiple effects added.​

[*]* Vile Lair
    An underwater multilevel hideout for evil players to find refuge, providing your character with safe haven.​

[*]* Mehrune's Razor
    Conquer one of the deepest and most challenging dungeons in all of Cyrodiil to claim this fearsome weapon.​

[*]* The Thieves Den
    Uncover a famous pirate's lost ship and claim it for your own. Designed for stealth-based characters.​

[*]* Wizard's Tower
    In the frozen mountains of Cyrodiil stands Frostcrag Spire, a tower of wonders for your magic-oriented character.​

[*]* Orrery
    Harness the power of the stars. Rebuild the Orrery to unlock the secrets of this Mages Guild Inner Sanctum.​

[*]* Horse Armor Pack
    Tamriel is a dangerous place. Protect your horse from danger with this beautiful handcrafted armor.​

I would deifnitely recommend spending the extra $2-ish and get those addons. I find that a few of them are VERY useful (Wizards Tower, Horse Armor Pack, and Nights of the Nine especially in my book!)

Last edited:
AWESOME!! I've been wanting to try Morrowind for ages and never bothered going to pick up a copy at BB. :cool:

anyone know if I could add my CD-key to steam to play via the steam client? (hope Im not thread jacking!)

Hmmm, that would be worth a try. Perhaps give it a try and let us know? Only thing I'd say is maybe if you don't have the GOTY version, it might not work as that would probably have a different key.

My brother had a copy of Guildwars and when it came out on Steam he tried to add his key and it wouldn't recognize it. So it was either because it was a slightly different version (?) or it was just not possible to do so.

But let us know if you are able to do it!

Ugh, I already bought Oblivion, KotN, and Shivering Isles. Can't get them working under Vista 64 though. Guess I'm gonna buy them again :-/

edit: Hmm.. Steam doesn't list Vista under the supported OS section. Anyone have it working?

Ugh, I already bought Oblivion, KotN, and Shivering Isles. Can't get them working under Vista 64 though. Guess I'm gonna buy them again :-/

edit: Hmm.. Steam doesn't list Vista under the supported OS section. Anyone have it working?

I did not buy these games through Steam, but I have Oblivion, KotN and Shivering Isles all working just fine on Vista 64-bit. In fact, I didn't even encounter any trouble when I installed everything. It just worked.

I did not buy these games through Steam, but I have Oblivion, KotN and Shivering Isles all working just fine on Vista 64-bit. In fact, I didn't even encounter any trouble when I installed everything. It just worked.

yar, I recently installed on Win7 64bit and it works great!

I had it working on vista... uninstalled it ages ago coz i stopped playing it, only problem i had was if the vista sidebar was on it would flicker through the game...

I had it working on vista... uninstalled it ages ago coz i stopped playing it, only problem i had was if the vista sidebar was on it would flicker through the game...

This happens with Vista premium x64 + 9600gt also. I think that it is a Windows Sidebar issue. I just close the sidebar before playing.

I had this happen too with Vista sidebar.

i think alot of people didn't/don't realize that you can drag those widgets out onto the desktop and then hit "Close sidebar" and it will go away but the widgets will still be on the desktop ala windows 7.

This fixed that sidebar flickering problem for me.

Yes i have crossfire...

Altho the problem was still apparent when i used to play it using my old 8800GTX

No, xfire (IM program). Gosh!

Supposedly it causes this problem you'er saying, at least that's what my friend says. I personally just think it's the sidebar itself

Its ok Aynjell, i dont play it anymore as i said above... i was just telling ratbuddy that the game does work fine under vista, except for the sidebar issue, i just closed the sidebar before i booted up the game.... that solved the problem!!

Back