• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

atitool x1900xt problem still persists-tried something new

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

loopylulu

Registered
Please continue to help me.

This is related to an earlier thread I made about problems with my x1900xt, the temps seemed to be normal according to rivatuner and atitraytools. Idle the temp was less than 60 degrees and even when playing COD4 for example with the fan at 100% the temp still seemed to be less than 60 degrees.

I recently installed atitools beta 0.15. I ran it and used the artifact checker.

the test freezes and it sounds like the computer is restarting or coming out of sleep mode and then it comes back to my screen.

I just realized that I had set my default clocks to run at 621 and 720 in idle in stead of during 3d use in games. It should be 500 and 600 for only 2d use and the voltage should be 1.2 but it was at 1.45 for 3d use. That is one reason it was giving me problems today but I only just did that yesterday so now I am really confused as to how do I know for sure what my clock speeds are during idle use and during 3d use. I am afraid that the card is using the default idle clocks for playing games in stead of the 3d and that is what is giving me all these problems. Probably not but I am having so many problems diagnosing.

atitool kept beeping on artifact testing when the clocks were set to 3d. I did say no errors though during its test but then it would freeze.

Attachments

• desktop.bmp
    134.6 KB · Views: 63
Use RivaTuner or GPU-Z for their hardware monitoring functions. Open one of the programs, navigate to the hardware monitoring tab. Note the current (2D) clock speeds and leave it open. Enter game and play for a few minutes. Exit game and look at the graph of the hardware monitoring app. You should be able to see the drop from 3D to 2D when you exited the game.

interesting

Thanks for the suggestion, I did run rivatuner, I noticed that nothing changed with the exception of the fan speed which I normally manually change to 100% before I start a game.

What should I do?

I guess I could manually set the clocks before I start the game. would that work.

why would it not switch to 3d? I am not excited though as I recall manually changing the clocks to 3d along withe voltage and I still had artifacts.

I set the voltage form 1.2 to 1.4 and changed the clocks from 500/600 default to 621/720 or something similar.

wondering what to do next?

I also know that my amps were drawing under 20 while playing the game. I checked last night using atitool and the amps were also drawing under 20 while playing which I imagine is not enough to play.

Back