• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Adapter What Adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigDan3131

I come here first for all info as I know I will get the right answer.

I have a Hyper 48 in my computer which combined with the dual 12cm fans blowing on it keep me and my comp happy. I just emailed Coolermaster about an adapter to let me reuse it on my new 1366 board. Do any of you know if its possible? If not, what about the Thermalright AXP-140. Its about the same size and shape as my hyper but not all copper. Does it perform equally?

The AXP-140 is quite a bit bigger than your Hyper 48 since it can take a 140mm fan compared to your 92. It also would cool much better, I don't think your Hyper 48 would make a very good match for an i7 with all the heat they can generate. Hest sinks have come a long way in the last five years since that model came out and generally speaking the tower type sinks perform better than the downward facing sinks.

The AXP-140 is one of if not the best downward facing sinks available and does get real close to the top towers in performance and if there isn't enough clearance for one of the top tower it would be a great choice. Also it would cool the components on your motherboard better than the towers and only lack a couple degrees in cooling your cpu

Personally I like the TRUE but coolers like the XIGMATEK's Thor’s Hammer or Dark Knight/s1283, Prolimatech Megahalems, Noctua NH-U12P SE1366, Scythe Mugen 2, TermoLab BARAM, and the big daddy IFX-14 all would make much better choice than you Cooler Master and come in a varying price ranges.

Depending on what is important to you price, silence, performance, looks, size, or any combination would put different models as a best fit.

Last edited:
Back