• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ vertex , 30gb x 2, or 60gb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I do not believe it matters between the two, really, in everyday performance. The 128GB version is faster due to technical reasons, but nothing you would notice without benchmarks. Get what you can afford.

Actually it is very noticable.... now if your just surfing the web and listening to music then now it wouldnt be but 2 30gb drives in raid 0 is so much faster when your unziping files,loading games,paring ect ect... i wouldnt go for a 60gb drive unless i wanted to get 2 or 3 of them for more space... 2 or 3 30gb drives are more than enough space for my programs,games,music everything else goes on my storage drives....

Actually it is very noticable.... now if your just surfing the web and listening to music then now it wouldnt be but 2 30gb drives in raid 0 is so much faster when your unziping files,loading games,paring ect ect... i wouldnt go for a 60gb drive unless i wanted to get 2 or 3 of them for more space... 2 or 3 30gb drives are more than enough space for my programs,games,music everything else goes on my storage drives....

Hmm I put 2 128gb in raid 0 and couldn't really tell other than the benchies.
In fact, I timed a few things, some a sec faster some a sec slower...I really think that allot of the performance gains we see from raid setups in everyday usage is possibly illusionary.

Back