• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Scythe Ninja (for 1366)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokers_greg

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this cooler, it came in a couple days ago for my friend, and right away I noticed it has a nickel bottom. tell me this is just the coating, I'm going to get around to lapping it.

Anyone see decent results with this cooler? it looks like a behemoth, but I'm afraid that non-copper base is gonna cripple it. Also, it came with clip type LGA 1366 mounting hardware. Will this provide enough pressure?

Is a nickel bum such a bad thing...? Not all air coolers have copper in them... does the normal TRUE have any copper in it?

Yeh i know that... its a bit obvious that it contains copper.... :D

I was more meaning the normal TRUE... i wasnt sure if it had any copper in it...

I was more meaning the normal TRUE... i wasnt sure if it had any copper in it...

I haven't owned one myself, but judging by how it performs, im 99% sure it does. Probably nickel coating like the scythe, but there's gotta be copper underneath. Anyway, back to my question:

Should I lap this sucker? If there is no copper underneath, it would be almost pointless, seeing as how the base has a mirror finish right now.

Why dont you just try it and see how it performs... and if it doesnt perform as well as you hoped... lap the sucka'!!

Why dont you just try it and see how it performs... and if it doesnt perform as well as you hoped... lap the sucka'!!

problem is, i'm on a tight timeline. I'll be leaving for Poland this Wednesday, and it looks like the CPU will be in tomorrow. So I won't know results until late July

yes it has.

the "normal" TRUEs are definitely copper at the bottom along w/ the heatpipes.
it's just plated w/ nickel to have an overall similar look for the whole cooler,
w/ the aluminium fins and all.
if you lapped it, the copper comes out.

the "normal" TRUEs are definitely copper at the bottom along w/ the heatpipes.
it's just plated w/ nickel to have an overall similar look for the whole cooler,
w/ the aluminium fins and all.
if you lapped it, the copper comes out.

Ah right cool... good to know!! :D

Back