• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 1366 air cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creecher

thats available from newegg it seems like ever chart i see has a different winner, or doesnt give straightforward answers.

please help me. i would really, really, really like to orfer this from new egg, but if its really really worth it to buy it somewhere else i will.

TRUE 120's still seem to be the prefered coolers, I know the egg doesnt have em but I think you can get em off Jab-tech.

Using a Sunbeam CCTF here , I think they have a adapter for 1366, but most still love their TRUE's it seems for air.

Never used a TRUE yet myself, but have been tempted to get a black and go push/pull, they do look nice but I probably wouldn't gain much. Might even lose a little, I like my CCTF myself :)

Last edited:
Off of the egg, I would say the Xigmatek Dark Knight, Xigmatek s1283 or the Sunbeam Core-Contact Freezer (120mm version).

With the Sunbeam you'd have to buy the backplate kit for $10 extra. I think its the same part as the one for the standard Xigmatek but that comes with the Dark Night.

I just got a Thermalright IFX-14 and 2 fans for push-push configuration. Benchmark reviews show that the IFX-14 does an awesome job on Core i7's, and that nothing else can touch the IFX-14, not even Megahalems. Here's a link to one of those review sites:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/coolers/display/core-i7-coolers-roundup_19.html#sect0

Newegg.com stopped selling Thermalright coolers, so I give Newegg a big thumbs-down for this. Maybe it's because of the uneven bases for TRUE coolers that caused so many problems with customer satisfaction..

I plan on getting Xigmatek Thor's Hammer for my next i7 build, with a push-pull fan configuration. I know that Thor's Hammer isnt better than the Megahalems, but it just looks too cool. Maybe if I make it more tightly bolted onto the motherboard, it could perform just as good?? Adding washers to the backplate for a tighter fit makes the TRUE perform up to 5 degrees better, and it did the same for my IFX-14 (at least 5 degrees better in all cases).

If it has to be off of newegg then it would be the Noctua. If you will venture off of newegg I would go to jab-tech and pick up a Megahalem. TRUE's are good but has to many inconsistencies with their base and mounting set-up. jab-tech is a great site with good prices, reasonable shipping, and awesome customer service. Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed.

If it has to be off of newegg then it would be the Noctua. If you will venture off of newegg I would go to jab-tech and pick up a Megahalem. TRUE's are good but has to many inconsistencies with their base and mounting set-up. jab-tech is a great site with good prices, reasonable shipping, and awesome customer service. Give them a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Agree... +1 :thup:

Back