• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want Linux

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Twinkle

I wanna try Linux, but I dont know how or where to get it. I have tryed to downloadit but IE 6.0 keeps freezing up. I want Lunux but I dont know how to get it. Please help me.

Or use something other than IE6 to download the iso. Like LeechFTP.

i used download accelerator on my iso downloads from www.linuxiso.org. fast as crap, downloaded freebsd for my friend (638 megs) in 20 minutes. i don't know how fast the redhats downloaded cause i downloaded them both at the same time when i was in a class. man, i love all of this bandwidth.

jeff

Ok. If you are new to Linux then you are better off BUYING a distro . You get th full complete thing, tech support and all the manuals etc.

A distro costs only about £20 - £60 ($30 - $90 ?)

Do yourself, and the companies that make Linux distros, a favour. Fork out the cash and feel proud that you are ensuring the future of linux. :D

PenguinFreak said:
Ok. If you are new to Linux then you are better off BUYING a distro . You get th full complete thing, tech support and all the manuals etc.

A distro costs only about £20 - £60 ($30 - $90 ?)

Do yourself, and the companies that make Linux distros, a favour. Fork out the cash and feel proud that you are ensuring the future of linux. :D

I got mine for free off the net, and to tell you the truth, i feel kinda guilty. On the next release of redhat, i'm definetly payin for it. This is just too good to be free, in my mind Linux should cost money and windows should be free(or even non-existent.)

clboertien said:

I got mine for free off the net, and to tell you the truth, i feel kinda guilty. On the next release of redhat, i'm definetly payin for it. This is just too good to be free, in my mind Linux should cost money and windows should be free(or even non-existent.)

I think Linux has the 'try b4 you buy' ability - if you don't like it, don't buy it. Glad to see you like linux that much :D

Back