• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cou cooling website selection help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom9927

Registered
hello everyone iv just built a new pc and overclocked my intel e8500 3.16 to 3.37 im trying to push it higher put am having problems

i reacon its cause im using a basic stock fan provided by intel

so can any help me find a good cpu fan that will reduce my temp down

site im using

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/default.php?cPath=75&sort=2a&filter_id=51

for themaltake and for zalman

http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/default.php?cPath=75&sort=2a&filter_id=77

thanks and i hope i get a speedy reply

30$ to 50$ if possible

Normally you can do a decent OC on box cooler if you don't push too much Vcore.
What temperatures do you have? Try RealTemp and put a screenshot in idle and after 10 minutes of Orthos. Launch CPU-Z in load also.
From that site is nothing that I can recommend in your budget. :(

ok heres what i got so far any help will be helpfull trying to push the 3.37 higher

for the cpu cooler i was thinking of going for the 50 60$ range 30$ are normallu fail i was thinking of something along the lines of

Thermaltake TMG i2 CPU Cooler for Intel Socket LGA775 or the Thermaltake Big Typhoon 120 VX CPU Cooler ones 51 the other is 72$

edit in fixing the res way to small to see

Last edited:
sorry i think i fixsed it now just click the pic then right click view miage if not then

intel core 2 duo 3.37 45 ms

content.php

Man I don't see a darn thing in that picture. I know I'm old but usually I see the things around me. :D
I'd be interested in temps and Vcore in load with Orthos.

fixed

pcoverclock.png

um 49 seconds of orh goes from 38c to dam 82 and climibing no crashes but thats running hot dam hitting 90 at 1.47 mins

it playes everything fine but dam its running hot 96 2mins 38 no errors went to 96 temp for 2.30 mins

now thing is when i try to get it higher than 3.37 windows crashes 3.38 workes 3.40 crashes 3.41 crashes

edit2 ran it on the last setting 6 mins and counting its on around 7 mins 272000 no errors realtemp is reading 93 94 c hmm reacon i need lower volt settings?

heres some screen shots of it

pctemps.png

sorry if the pics are to big bigger is always better than not seeing it :]

Last edited:
Man check your push-pins. ASAP. Presto.
Your box cooler has a problem with mounting.

LE: Now I see second picture. Your Core0 was in throttle. Please stop all testing and check your cooler mounting. I really hate push-pins. :mad:

Last edited:
ok ill try that thanks ill b maybe 20 to 10 mins tops and then ill test it again

Wow that site doesn't exactly have much for options. For what it there I would probably go with the Zalman 7000 but don't get you hopes up to high. Honestly I would just wait until you have more money saved up for something better, which on that site is the Noctua and is the only one I would spend any money on. I would just run stock until them. Once you get you HSF properly mounted you should be able to get 3.5-3.7 depending on your ambient temps.

Did the stock box cooler come with thermal paste already applied to the bottom or did you have to add it? I not only wonder about your push pins being properly secured but I also wonder if the thermal paste is properly applied.

ok yer it was the push pins fixe it running a 3.37 gz on a 1.072 volt 30 c idle

now id like to push it futher would u sujjuest pushing the volt to 1.350 something along those lines to see if i can get it above 3.37ghz

edit2 im gona go int bios and write down everything volt settings fsb etc and report back

Back