• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help....which O/s Is Best For Me With This....help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

athlonrulz

Registered
ok, here is the deal, I got just yesterday went and bought this stuff, amd athlon xp 2000= cpu,volcano 7sink+fan, Lian-Li full tower alum case w/450 watt psu, abit kr7a with raid kt266a chipset, 60gig maxtor hdd at 7200 ata133, sound blaster audigy platinum, 56k micro modem, ati radeon 8500 agp, 1024 mb crucial ddr pc2100, round ide cables, i have 6 case fans installed in the case, case fans are 80mm, some are 90mm, i like the big ones, lol......anyway, logitech opitacal mouse, 19 inch monitor, internet keyboard, i got a plextor burner, not sure of speed yet, sony floppy, dvd player and dvd burner, extra cd-rom not to wear out my burners, ok, now............my question is, how far can I over clock this system, I allready put it all together, just sitting waiting to be overclocked,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and suggestions

For starters you might want to have this moved. Second you just have to push it a little at a time to see just how far you can push it. Push it to where your happy and it`s still stable.

Nice system...now go to the Overclockers.com homepage and read the Beginner's Guides so you can learn what to do with it.

There's no way possible for us to tell you how well you can overclock that sytem until you get it built and know what you're doing. Too many factors involved.

I'm a little confused about why this post is in Operating Sytems as your actual post has absolutely no mention of what your title states...

Read young grasshopper. :)

Jon I was wondering too as this should be in the AMD.

But like they said go read the Beginners Guide very carefully and make sure you understand everything. From there you'll begin to overclock I guess everything in your case is perfect.

Jeezes don't ya think the ram is kinda crazy where ram prices have sky rocketed and you bought 1 gig of it where I'd only buy 256 of it max now :D

Until then good luck...

I agree with you Yodums. When I bought the Dragon+ I only went with 256m.b. due to high prices but with my other rig is has 2x512 PC133 cause at that time I got both of them for under $60.

Help....which O/s Is Best For Me With This....help

that there was my original thread, then in the message i listed everything in my system that i had, and the qeustion was, which operating system should i go with:burn:

Back