• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatibility P4C800 mobo and TuniqTower 120

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HarryPutnam

Can anyone tell me if the TuniqTower 120 can be installed on a asus-p4c800 mobo? (socket 478)

Tuniqs' site says its compatible but I have my doubts.

I can't see anyway that the chrome colored H shaped bar that comes with the tuniq... and fits through the copper pipes (through where the gap is widest and over the contact plate (fits over a small pin that holds it in place).

Then the contact plate sits down over the cpu and screws go through the chrome colored H plate through the mobo and into a black colored H or maybe more X plate that is stuck on the underside of the mobo. Thereby creating a clamp holding cooler to cpu with 4 screws.

That black plate is also funished in the kit. Its not really possible to use the wrong Black X plate as only one fits the p4 mobo.

However the chrome colored H plate which is really the top half of a clamp (the black one under the mobo is the other half). Can only go one way. And it appear to be the wrong way.

I'f I match the chrome H plate to the mobo and X plate under it. It will mean the Tuniq has to sit with the fan 90 degrees to the chassis fan in back of box.

So its not a matter of being too close of a fit but of being a wrong orientation.

Anyone familiar with the TuniqTower will know about the parts I'm describing.

Or if need be, I could break out a digital camera and try to get a picture to post.

Cutting to the chase... I see no way to install the TuniqTower unless I turn it 90 Degrees from the way its supposed to sit, and not willing to do that unless someone can tell me its the only way. So I'm not really sure it would even fit that way..

Checking www.tuniq.com... I see no way whatever to contact these people.
The little manual that comes with the product has the images reduced to such a degree they are impossible to see with any certainty.

Googling on the mobo model and tuniqTower models has produced no helpful pages so far.

But still it appears after a careful look at the manual (with magnifying glass) and study, that the unit would have to set 90 degrees to the Chassis fan (the fan in back of computer). Which is certainly not the way its supposed to be oriented and would be a major disruption of air flow

Hopefully someone here has some experience with this...

Back