• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P5N-E SLI "FSB memory clock mode" not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Savemenico

Well I tried to overclock my PC, I got 2.7mhz 900mhz ram 1200 mhz FSB. I got a crash and had to turn it off. After that I couldn't overclock it again, when I try to change FSB Memory clock mode to manual and change values it returns to default. It doesn't overclock either if I use AI overclock. I had Vcore 1.28v, ram core 2.sth and NB 1.39v

Asus P5N-E Sli motherboard
Intel Core Quad q6600 2.4 ghz
Dual Corsair XmS2 2gb pc6400
eVGA nVidia geforce 8600GT 1gb ram ddr2 800mhz
Coolmax 550W Power supply

Orthos didn't gave me errors when I tested it and temperatures were about 50-55 the CPU, full stress and 35 the MB.

Does anybody know why I can't overclock anymore?. I can change voltages but not FSB speed or ram speed. It returns to auto =(

PS: it doesn't matter if i put it manual and leave it 1066 and 800, it just returns to auto no matter what I do

First off Welcome :welcome: to the forums!

Could it be something where it might have turned off something like "cpu host clock control" or similar?
On my board if I turn off "CPU host clock control" the cpu will default to whatever the cpu was rated/pinned for...in my case the q6600 would go back to 2.4ghz and no matter what I try and with what program I use, it will only be at 2.4g.
You might need to re-set the bios.

Back