• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this Server be used as a SAS/NAS for a Domain controller setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr.Guvernment

With our new offices, i currently have a dual Xeon 2.4G with HT (400FSB) and a raid 6 of 6x 160G SATA harddrives +1 hotspare

The system does fine for what it is needed for, now going to our new office, and having a domain controller and AD and such, i have heard and read thing like you need a proper SAS or NAS for Server 2008 and such to be able to use an external data store.

Is there any way that i can use this server as the data store in some way so i dont have to drop $2k on some new SAS system?

i am considering external because alot of files wil be used with roaming profiles for at leat 4 accounts that will be on the DC.

Also the AD/DC/DNS are on Dell SC440's that can only hold 3 harddrives (i could get a 3 in 2 5.25 box) but thinking external would be better performance wise.

Back