• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PHII 710 X3 Oc Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XUnrealX

Just got my system set up

Here are the parts:
Rosewill Wind Knight (2 120mm intake fans 2 120mm exhaust)
PHII 710 X3
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler
GIGABYTE AM3 AMD 770 ATX Motherboard
OCZ Gold 2x2gb Dual Channel Kit
430W thermaltake psu (will be upgraded soon)
9500 gt (will be upgraded soon)
2x 250 GB HDDs
DVD RW

I currently have it up to 2.8 GHz with the stock 13x multi (highest it can go) 215 FSB and auto voltages.
the ram is at 1600 speed (I think :p)

I booted into Win7 at 3.0 ghz with 13x multi and auto volts. started P95 and the 2nd core failed about 5 min in. Temps were at 29c for the core and near that for everything else

Thought it might be voltages so uped it by .025 and then restarted
BSOD'd when opening cpu-z, speedfan, and P95 at the same time... went back to stock settings and then back up to 2.80 ghz and am running P95 atm

All good but i need help with more OCing :d

Sorry for the wall :p

First of run prime at stock setting to make sure you are well set with temps ,20-30 minutes will be enough to show your max temps , do share your temps with us afterwards , make sure your memory is fed proper voltage becouse it can be the root of your problem , after wards give your cpu max voltage you are comfortable with set ram to 1333 and start clocking the bus .

Here are the parts:
PHII 710 X3
2x 250 GB HDDs
DVD RW

I currently have it up to 2.8 GHz with the stock 13x multi (highest it can go) 215 FSB and auto voltages.

I booted into Win7 at 3.0 ghz with 13x multi and auto volts. started P95 and the 2nd core failed about 5 min in. Temps were at 29c for the core and near that for everything else

BSOD'd when opening cpu-z, speedfan, and P95 at the same time... went back to stock settings and then back up to 2.80 ghz and am running P95 atm

Are you running DDR3 or DDR2 ? Either way drop the ram speed down a notch, then continue to raise the Reference Clock and CPU Voltage. Make sure your Ram timings and voltage are all set manually.

First of run prime at stock setting to make sure you are well set with temps ,20-30 minutes will be enough to show your max temps , do share your temps with us afterwards , make sure your memory is fed proper voltage becouse it can be the root of your problem , after wards give your cpu max voltage you are comfortable with set ram to 1333 and start clocking the bus .

I have done at stock...

core is 28c
temp1 is 27c
temp2 is 37c

and I will check the mom voltage and retry.

Most of the OCZ Gold stuff won't run DDR3-1600 unless it's getting its 1.65v. Be sure you've upped the memory voltage to this specification; your motherboard will not automatically detect and adjust on its own.

Ok Newegg says 1.9v for the memory... should i run it at 1.9 or 1.65?

I think that was the issue anyways :D

Also up'd vcore to 1.4v (max i wanna go :D)

P95 running atm :D

Ok... ram volts needs to be at 1.9v or its unstable :p

I uped all of the volts by .1 that i could and the cpu by .125 (1.45 now i believe)

Currently running P95 @ 3.15ghz :D

whats the max i should up everything

37c on core tem 45 temp2 39 temp1 :D

Last edited:

Here are the parts:
PHII 710 X3
2x 250 GB HDDs
DVD RW

Which test? Blend, Large Ftt's or Small Ftt's? And yes it does make a difference. :D

Which test? Blend, Large Ftt's or Small Ftt's? And yes it does make a difference. :D

Blend and large Ftt's fail... currently doing small ftts and its been running for like 20 min without fail... Dlin memtest to see if my ram is faulty

manualy set your ram at 1.9 Volts and 1333 mhz , your option is going to be 667 mhz set it to that and afterwards start clocking the bus , max CPU voltage i would feel comfortable myself would be 1.5 v , check CPUz once your dram frequency goes over 800 mhz and only if ,set it at 533 in the bios and the continue clocking the bus .

Ok Newegg says 1.9v for the memory... should i run it at 1.9 or 1.65?

I think that was the issue anyways :D

Also up'd vcore to 1.4v (max i wanna go :D)

P95 running atm :D

Ok... ram volts needs to be at 1.9v or its unstable :p

I uped all of the volts by .1 that i could and the cpu by .125 (1.45 now i believe)

Currently running P95 @ 3.15ghz :D

whats the max i should up everything

37c on core tem 45 temp2 39 temp1 :D
Try using CoreTemp to monitor your CPU temp - less confusion that way. And you'll want P95 load temps, not idle ... :)

coretemp only gives me my cpu reading and those are load temps :p

good cooler i am assuming ;D

gonna set everything back to stock and run p95....

Back