• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with synergy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

I am currently trying to get synergy running on my server (running server 2008 standard) and my gaming desktop (running Windows 7 RC). I have everything communicating properly, but when I move from the server to my Windows 7 machine, it won't let me move back.
do I have to press a special button or something.

You don't have it setup correctly. Basically, you have it able to move to one monitor, but it doesn't have an exit.

Their description is "a monitor may be to the left of one monitor and that one may not be to the right of that". It is confusing, basically you need to say "monitor 1 is to the right of monitor 2 and monitor 2 is to the left of monitor 1", that will get it working.

You don't have it setup correctly. Basically, you have it able to move to one monitor, but it doesn't have an exit.

Their description is "a monitor may be to the left of one monitor and that one may not be to the right of that". It is confusing, basically you need to say "monitor 1 is to the right of monitor 2 and monitor 2 is to the left of monitor 1", that will get it working.

Yea, I figured it out, but thanks for the help
I'm pretty sure people googling this will appreciate it because I didn't see much of anything about this

I've done it too, heh. Especially when you know exactly how to configure the program, you just forget. I've set it up, scrolled off the monitor and facepalmed hard because I have to either shut that computer down to unplug the network cable to move it back over.

Back