• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sub $100 AGP Graphic Card Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

X0d1@k

I just recently built my system (thanks to the forum members i bought the CPU and Headphones from!!!), and now my old system needs a AGP new card, cause the current one is dead and gone.

Stats of Old Rig:
1800TB Athlon @ 2.3
2 GB PC 3200 Ram
Asus A7N8X
450 Watt Power Supply

Any suggestions?
I had a ATI all-in-wonder X800xt, and i need the new card to be at least as fast as that card. I was able to play Oblivion, Fallout 3 and LEft 4 Dead with that card, and i want my girlfriend to be able to play too.

Thanks in advance!

Yea, i saw that too. I did read somewhere that the guy had trouble with that card and our Mobo. Anyone confirm that?

THanks for your suggestion. Im still looking.

Yep HD 3850 is the best you can get.

Quite frankly I wouldnt dump anymore money into that system specially if you are gaming on it... but if you are on a budget get the 3850.

Its funny you should say that, i agree as well. I told my gf my system is like due for a death at this point, its been running overclocked for almost 6 years, and 3 video cards later, im assuming its going to blow any day now. It was a great run!!!

Having said that, i think we are looking for a new computer for her. THanks for all the info guys!

NO, the 3850 is not the best you can get. The 4670 is better. This is all academic however, as an Athlon XP really doesn't have the muscle for either card.

Last edited:
Back