• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TF2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevlar93

What are some good servers and maps for tf2? I have just been playing the maps that the game came with and those are often full.

fugtf2 servers are pretty good, mostly any payload/capture point map with 20 ~ 34 people is pretty good. 2fort is so overplayed i get sick seeing the map :(

i personally like the payload maps, cause its kinda fast paced and doesnt have a stalemate like period like some other maps types. I like hoodoo, badwater, and goldrush. I dont really like the pipeline map cause it kinda has that stalemate problem also.

Generally I like to play 24-32 players, the more the merrier even though it does not take as much skill.

DiG servers are good "doorman is god", no hackers, no bs. Always full "but not so full you cant get in".

I'm a 2fort only kind of guy myself. I just filter ctf_2fort and sort by latency. There's a couple I usually frequent just because the people there are generally pretty cool.

But since I'm pretty sheltered in my TF2 playing, I can't really comment other than to say that I love 2fort! It's been my favorite since Team fortress mod for Quake. :)

I play on the Alpha Omega servers a lot. Mostly their redfort and orange servers. I'm friends with most of the clan members, so its pretty easy to get a full 32 man game going.

66.90.103.192:27032 Orangex3_2
66.90.103.192:27028 Orangex3_1

Those are the AO servers I play on most of the time. If you get in and there's no one on, just type !servers in the chat box to see a list of all of the servers they run. If you see poolesoft, tell him Sephis sent you by.

i play on ego and no-heroes servers:

www.edgegamers.org
www.no-heroes.com

I mostly play 2fort.

EGO is more mature and family friendly - none of that swearing nonsense. great servers to play on.

no-heroes is good too, but since you can swear you can get a lot of immature/rude a$$hats.

i play on ego and no-heroes servers:

www.edgegamers.org
www.no-heroes.com

I mostly play 2fort.

EGO is more mature and family friendly - none of that swearing nonsense. great servers to play on.

no-heroes is good too, but since you can swear you can get a lot of immature/rude a$$hats.

i second ego servers, i play on their dod source servers and their really great though dod source is getting smaller :(

thanks for all the replies
i will try some tonight.
How about map packs? Cus some servers run maps i dont have. Where is a good place to get them?

Its been a while since I played TF2 regularly. Well.. ever since L4D came out., But i think its time for a return.

i play almost exclusively on the no heroes arena server. good people, good maps, good times. though i haven't had much time to play lately :(

i play almost exclusively on the no heroes arena server. good people, good maps, good times. though i haven't had much time to play lately :(

yeah, usually good people. sometimes you can get some people that swear or act stupid but 99% great servers. def recommend them.

yeah, usually good people. sometimes you can get some people that swear or act stupid but 99% great servers. def recommend them.

those are usually the random pubs, the regulars (you can tell by looking at their server scores when they join) are all solid imo (or atleast the ones i've played with)

those are usually the random pubs, the regulars (you can tell by looking at their server scores when they join) are all solid imo (or atleast the ones i've played with)

yup, agreed. they are really keen on being douchebag-free.

i have't played for about almost 2 weeks i think, wantd to log in for 1 hour only last night at 11PM.. ha, i should have known better. finished up at 1AM. ugggg

Back