• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9550 + P5Q Pro ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
SIG ... i use 1.2vcore bios. i can go higher with 1.2 but didnt tryed yet ...

Ive reached 4.08 EZ with 1.275vcore bios, no real tweeking... just fun ! Im sure i can go higher in speed too.

Last edited:
Awesome, I was going to upgrade to Core i7, but heard this has similar performance. Besides I wont be doing anything too hardcore, just games, video editing. Nothing really worth the whole i7 upgrade yet "cpu / mb / ram".

That is exactly what I am looking for, do you have a suggestion for a cooler I should use ?

Im WCed.

But go for KNOW GOOD air cooling. Like Noctua NF120 or a TRUE ( ThermalRight Ultra 120 Extreme )

Read reviews and youll probably see somewhere, someone that tested the same CPU+HEATSINK that the one you want.

a true would be fine for that cpu and thats a good board man you shouldnt have any problems...

make sure you get some good fans for the true and try to get 2 of them so you could set them up in a push and pull config for better temps

Will do, thanks for the suggestion. This board has been solid as it is with a pentum d 930 at 4ghz, even had 4.2 ghz, but wasnt 100% solid.

Back