• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hypertransport Sync Flood Error - what is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jd2010

Registered
I just got one of these the instant I booted up Prime95.

Previously, I had been running prime for hours with no issue.

Everything is stock except for unlocking the 4th core in my x3 720 chip.

Ive googled and no one seems to know wtf is going on, most people say it happens on MSI K9 mobos, but im using an ASUS M4A78T-E.

I just got one of these the instant I booted up Prime95.

Previously, I had been running prime for hours with no issue.

Everything is stock except for unlocking the 4th core in my x3 720 chip.

Ive googled and no one seems to know wtf is going on, most people say it happens on MSI K9 mobos, but im using an ASUS M4A78T-E.

im having the same error, although im using a 710, what bios are you using? i have the same board too, have you tried emailing asus? maybe they can make a new bios to correct it, btw my settings on the bios is acc=all cores unleashing mode=on, mine wont run on 4 cores without the unleashing mode on

Last edited:
Im running the newest bios release, and have it set to 0,0,0,-2 with unleash mode on... Im about to start tweaking and overclocking now to see if I can get the error again.

When I first unlocked the core, having it on auto and unleash worked, but last time I booted it wouldnt work on auto, so I had to manually set as 0,0,0,-2

Im running the newest bios release, and have it set to 0,0,0,-2 with unleash mode on... Im about to start tweaking and overclocking now to see if I can get the error again.

When I first unlocked the core, having it on auto and unleash worked, but last time I booted it wouldnt work on auto, so I had to manually set as 0,0,0,-2

i always get the htsf error everytime i try running this tool:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/OCCT-(OverClock-Checking-Tool)-3.0.0-download-1880.html

in about a minute or less, i could run prime for hours too, and it happened as well when i was playing race driver grid. i hope they come up with a new bios. you wanna try emailing them together? i guess 2 is better than 1 occurance. im runnin the latest bios too, 710 x3, crucial 4gb ddr3, wd caviar black, ati 4770, enermax tomahawk 550w

i always get the htsf error everytime i try running this tool:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/OCCT-(OverClock-Checking-Tool)-3.0.0-download-1880.html

in about a minute or less, i could run prime for hours too, and it happened as well when i was playing race driver grid. i hope they come up with a new bios. you wanna try emailing them together? i guess 2 is better than 1 occurance. im runnin the latest bios too, 710 x3, crucial 4gb ddr3, wd caviar black, ati 4770, enermax tomahawk 550w

i guess its not just us...

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...=1&model=M4A79T+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

lets try replying to this thread maybe asus can really correct the bios...

I got this error on my M4A79T Deluxe on bios ver. 1303. It showed up when my voltages were off from what they should have been, and if i had acc turned on with unleashed mode enabled. Once my voltages were where they needed to be, all worked well.

Hope that helps.

epic bump... any help on setting voltages to make it stable? Ive pretty much given up on overclocking, but it resets itself every 15 minutes or so at seemingly random times.

All my settings are stock, 4th core turned off, tried multiple bios versions... what voltage should i send to the HT link?

My HT voltage is set to auto i believe, but it's stock value is 1.2v on my board from what I can tell.. my NB voltage is 1.1v i think.. again that one's on auto. The only ones I've set myself are my CPU voltage to 1.42v, the CPU/NB voltage to 1.35v, bumped the CPU VDDA voltage from 2.5v to 2.6v.. read somewhere on a PII results thread to bump it one notch for stability. And set my DRAM voltage to 1.8v cause that's what my Dominator's want. It's Prime stable for 8.5 hours on blend testing, with a max CPU temp of 51*C. And I'm using XP64.
I got the HTSF error once when my computer rebooted on me, haven't been able to duplicate or remember what I was doing at the time of it happening though.

found a solid fix for this. comes down to the bios version. once i tried a few bioses, i eventually stumbled around and found version 0066 for my board. If you're having this error, you need a bios update.

This error would happen once every 30 minutes or so when running graphics off of a video card, but hasnt happened in 12 hours while running on board graphics, does that tell anyone anything?

Increase CPU/NB voltage.

If it doesn't work then return to default settings and verify this:

However, it only happens with Prime95 and GPUOCCT so I think it's to do with that. Play any games, 3DMark Vantage, AMD Overdrive etc. and there's no problems whatsoever.

I'll try running Prime95 and GPUOCCT when I get one with everything at default settings and see if it works...

Didnt work... relaxed ram timings, upped voltages, put it back on VGA card for graphics and it crashed in under 30 mins.

Have tried every bios revision released. Going to stress test it with on board graphics and then RMA the video card.

Didnt work... relaxed ram timings, upped voltages, put it back on VGA card for graphics and it crashed in under 30 mins.

Have tried every bios revision released. Going to stress test it with on board graphics and then RMA the video card.

I had to wait for a suitable bios to be released.

I too am having MAJOR issues with my brother's ASUS M4A78T-E.

I've tried different ram, different ram slots, different voltages, stock settings, underclocked ram settings, different timings, tighter timings, safe mode, etc...

No matter what I try, if I run prime95 blend, the machine ALWAYS freezes up within about 20 min.

I'm on BIOS version 1610, 07/14/09.

Perhaps it's because I updated the BIOS... I'm going to revert back to the original BIOS shortly... running one last test while I go in the shower...

Sync flood error

M4A78T-E
Phenom II 965 Black edition
ATI HIS 5770 Video
8 Gig 4x2Gig Gskill Ripjaws DDR3-2000Mhz
Lian Li PC-C32B Rack Mount Media Center Case
Windows 7 Home premium
Antec Premium 750W

Have the same problem, will try a few things like vid card driver change and if I really have to Bios, will post results.

:comp:

Last edited:
Very strange.
On the plus side, it is VERY easy to update the bios on the Asus M4A78T-E, the bios utility can read most hard drives and flash drives, it's in the tools section.
Just make sure you don't reboot till it's actually done!

I abused a m4a78t-e pretty decently and never got this error, nor did i have it lock up. I got errors in p95 with 330 htref and low volts, and got hard reboots due to temp, but that was all.
I went straight to the newest (as of a month or two ago) bios though, i may have missed the "bad" bios(s).

Sounds to me like something somewhere regarding HT has too much data hitting it at once... i'm not sure how HT works for AMD chips, but if it's anything like HT on Intel chips, then it just shows two logical cores for every physical core... could you turn it off?

hey :) i too was having this problem however it was stopping me from playing movies for more than 10-50mins.

I could play all the top end graphics intense games all maxed out (sept metro 2033 :() for hours on end no problems! this went on for a few months and then it started to happen in rose online (don't judge) XD so i set about searchin online for a solution and i tried EVERYTHING that had worked for other people.

Thennnn I found a guy on some forum who had the same graphics card as me (ati 5770) and he said that it was this that was the cause of his problems and that the 5770 is the "only card to suffer heavily from this problem, no matter what the brand or clock speeds, voltages .etc also that there were very few motherboards that the 5770 did not have this problem with.

Therfore, I (rather painfully) removed my beloved 5770 and replaced it with my trusty old nvidia 7600gt from my old pc that i had rotting under my bed... gues what! all troubles over! movies play fully *tick* rose plays for more than 10mins without the screen goin black or green with verticle lines *tick* and my pc is a hell of a lot more quiet! lol

Dont get me wrong i know this will not be everyones issue, and i do not intend to stick with the 7600gt for long at all (fingers crossed that ebuyer take back ther shoddy 5770) so that i can get a gtx 480.

System specks:

CPU: AMD phenom ii x4 965 BE @ 4.1ghz (custom water cooled)
Motherboard: MSI 790fx-gd70
RAM: kingston (2x2gb) 1600mhz (9-9-9-27)
HDD: samsung 1tb 7200rpm 32mb
wi-fi: buffalo somthing :p
PSU: hi-power 800w modular
Case: antec 1200
DVD: hp 22x rw

Last edited:
I don't think it's entirely related to your 5770. I was running a 4870 512mb in my brother's machine when I ended up with the same errors. I think a specific BIOS is what cured my problem, but I don't remember exactly.

*EDIT*
Okay, I dug up an old post of mine from 8/25/09, which was after my first post in this thread
Anyone else get the "FAILED OVERCLOCKING" error during POST?
The system is otherwise stable, but sometimes it gives that error.

I now have the machine on the 1402 BIOS as it seemed to be the best of the few BIOSes that I tried.

So I guess the 1402 BIOS is what worked for me.

timmyc123, I suggest you throw your 5770 back in there and try other BIOSes. It's not fair that you have to replace your video card.
To be quite honest, every since the problems I've had, I would never buy this board again, and many times I saw it on sale and didn't bite the bullet. It's not a great OCing board as far as my experience goes. My brother's 945 runs 3.5ghz and still he sometimes gets FAILED OVERCLOCKING... it's pretty annoying.

Back