• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever fix a ds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Just curious i'm guessing this can go here lol.

Anyway my son broke my nephews ds lite, the thing works just fine but the housing is cracked, right clicker button is broke it works but it dont pop back, and the right hing is damaged.

I just ordered a replacement housing (legend of zelda one hehe to make him feel better) and the right hing piece. Only ran me 20 bucks total.

Anyway i'm just wondering if anyone has had to work on one before and if its hard or is it pretty much open it gut it put it in the new case and bam done.

Also got the screen driver free with it new buttons rubber pieces for under the buttons etc.

Shouldn't be hard at all.

It's a damned Nintendo device.

You'd be amazed at how simple they are...

their not hard to take apart just make sure you got the Y screwdriver... and the screens are held in place with some black tape try not to ruin the tape and dont take it off and throw it away you need that tape lol...

Well i basicly got it done only thing i need to know is, the L and R buttons have them metal spring like things on them. Do i have to put one end of it under the button? and one end of it in to the fork just below it?

maybe ill take some pics.

I don't need parts i was just wondering how the springs go in under the L and R buttons.

well i figured out the problem just figured i'd throw a update on it.

The switch on the right side (where the original case got busted) the two soldier points on the front of the switch were broken. I didn't notice it till i was hitting both the switches at the sametime and i realized the right switch was slightly tilting back lol so it worked with out the case on but when u put the case on it limited how far the button can be pressed down with some maginifying glasses on i seen the two points come apart.

Finally this thing has drove me insane lol. Well my nephew is happy now hes got a nice new looking zelda ds lite.

lol thx rainless, i also just have to add this was like crack. I gotta say i actually loved ripping that thing apart and messing with it. Now i'm searching for another broken one on ebay or i might shoot for a broken psp. (phantasy star zero is coming to ds lol).

so eh i might just get me another repairable one was to much fun.

lol good luck on finding a broken one on ebay... everyone is always looking for broken things these days since everything is so easy to fix now...

Back