• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TRUE fan problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ketrab

Registered
Ok so I installed True on my e6600 and i cant say I'm happy with his performance but i noticed that I might be able to push it little bit farther but the fan is not allowing me to do so. (stock fan that came with TRUE)

It works on 1054+- rpm where i saw on the forums it should go easily at 1200rpm. So i tried everything, bios is set for Turbo mode-still the stock rpm, used AI suite and tried tweak it manually with no help like that fan couldnt go farther or my theory is that could be an BIOS?

I have p5q se2 and bios date is 11/20/2008...

What do you guys think?

Thx in advance:beer:

That's normal realistically. I think my fans rated for 1500 RPM on my OCZ vendetta 2; but depending on a number of things (I'm not entirely sure what) it doesn't run at full? Mines running around 1350, 150 short of its rated speed. TRUE is an excellent cooler.

What have you got the E6600 clocked at? How hard are you trying to push it. Etc all those details, etc

:)

That's normal realistically. I think my fans rated for 1500 RPM on my OCZ vendetta 2; but depending on a number of things (I'm not entirely sure what) it doesn't run at full? Mines running around 1350, 150 short of its rated speed. TRUE is an excellent cooler.

What have you got the E6600 clocked at? How hard are you trying to push it. Etc all those details, etc

Hey

ok so my e6600 runs at 378fsb, and Vcore 1.325 but it vdroops on full load with prime95. Before I went to work i started the prime so like in about 2 hrs i will let you know if this speed is stable with that vcore.

as for the temp is about 59-61 with full load... but im guessing that TRUE is not running at its full potencial where the fan works only at 1045rpm :bang head. I tried AI tunning and bios is set for turbo-no luck still running its speed. On couple forums i noticed that TRUE was working on 1200 so thats my concern because it would make couple celsius down giving me a room to push it harder. Well I guess that 3.4 on e6660 is 40% boos in performance with less then 1.4 vcore, I'm happy where i want this cpu to work for some time till quad will drop with the price .

If you're that concerned over the fan, just buy a high speed fan that'll push a lot more air.

Some of them do. I bought the 1366 RT from Jab-Tech and it came with a 63cfm 1600rpm Scythe fan.

The TRUE RT models come both with a fan and fan holder. The 775 comes with a 1000rpm fan and the 1366 comes with a 1600rpm fan. So it looks like the the fan is running at spec.

Oh wow, thanks for that link Ancient 1. He definitely needs to get a better fan if this is the one he has. It may be quiet, but it isn't moving much air.
Fan
Dimension: L120*W120*H25mm
Bearing type: FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing)
Rated Speed: 1000RPM
Noise Level: 15.8 dBA
Air Flow: 38.9 CFM

?

The TRUE RT models come both with a fan and fan holder. The 775 comes with a 1000rpm fan and the 1366 comes with a 1600rpm fan. So it looks like the the fan is running at spec.

Should i just go to the store buy 1366 TRUE change the fans and return it?- they guy told me when i was buying i should take 1366 cuz he said it was the same and i didnt listen.. i think he knew that the fan was better.

?

Oh wow, thanks for that link Ancient 1. He definitely needs to get a better fan if this is the one he has. It may be quiet, but it isn't moving much air.

You know what that means JLK???? - it means it might be able to push it to 3.6- I'm getting crazy and i like it :beer:

ketrab said:
I'm getting crazy and i like it :beer:
LMAO! :)

Look for the fan's CFM & db ratings when shopping. IMO you want to have 65-70 CFM or more. Above 35-40db is supposed to be considered "loud".

Change the fan control option in the BIOS to 'Off' or 'Disabled. 'Turbo' and the other setting will slow the fan down from it's max speed. 'Disabled' will keep the fan running at 100% no matter what.

If that doesn't work, wire the fan directly to the PSU, and that should give you full speed.

If you're serious about more air then look at the Panaflo/Delta's, and get a good fan controller (Sunbeam) that can handle a lot of power.

?

Do you guys think that 600 rpm(1000-1600) will make a difference in cooling cpu down?

Last edited:
Fan
Dimension: L120*W120*H25mm
Bearing type: FDB (Fluid Dynamic Bearing)
Rated Speed: 1600RPM
Noise Level: 28.0 dBA
Air Flow: 63.7CFM

That's pretty close to the minimum I would use, but I think you might do better to look for something with a higher CFM rating. If you get one closer to 100+CFM you can slow it down to a good cooling/noise balance with a fan speed controller, as jason suggested.

?

That's pretty close to the minimum I would use, but I think you might do better to look for something with a higher CFM rating. If you get one closer to 100+CFM you can slow it down to a good cooling/noise balance with a fan speed controller, as jason suggested.

Guys got any suggestions on which brand i should go into... ( u know you guys are playing with it longer then i do)...or just go newegg and look?

Change the fan control option in the BIOS to 'Off' or 'Disabled. 'Turbo' and the other setting will slow the fan down from it's max speed. 'Disabled' will keep the fan running at 100% no matter what.

If that doesn't work, wire the fan directly to the PSU, and that should give you full speed.

If you're serious about more air then look at the Panaflo / Delta's, and get a good fan controller (Sunbeam) that can handle a lot of power.

Panaflo and Delta make some good fans. That Delta might be good connected to the CPU header. The 4 wire PWM lets CPU load & temp control the fan speed through the motherboard. The Panaflos probably need to be paired with a fan controller because they would be pretty loud just connected to +12v.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835213011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&N=1372726538&Description=panaflo&name=120mm

Back