• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q9550 @ microcenter $170 (in store pickup only)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW what a good deal. Wish there was a sale like when I got mine for $280 :S

Darn, I just recieved my e8200 for $99 by FedEX from them.
Anyway, it's out of stock in Santa Clara, CA. It's a great deal though.

how big is the difference (in terms of performance/oc wise) between this and my q6700?

how big is the difference (in terms of performance/oc wise) between this and my q6700?

It's about 10% better clock-for-clock iirc. And it will OC higher...probably 4.0-4.2GHz compared to 3.4-3.6GHz for most Q6600/Q6700's on your board. It (E0 version) also runs a lot cooler.

I can get 4ghz on mine without too much voltage, but my room is too hot so I stick to 3.8ghz at around stock voltage. it's a lovely chip.

It's about 10% better clock-for-clock iirc. And it will OC higher...probably 4.0-4.2GHz compared to 3.4-3.6GHz for most Q6600/Q6700's on your board. It (E0 version) also runs a lot cooler.

thanks jason, ima hold up for i9 i guess... im not even ocing atm... im encoding too many stuff atm :p

Out of stock in Northern Virginia. I would buy one right now to replace my old E6400. I'd love to have a quad, and E6400 still fetches decent money on Ebay, so it would be a pretty cheap upgrade. Total cost would be slightly less than $100 after selling the E6400.

Bump for new shipment in the Northern Virginia store. 23 in stock as I type. I just bought one this afternoon. Will be installing it this weekend

Bump for new shipment in the Northern Virginia store. 23 in stock as I type. I just bought one this afternoon. Will be installing it this weekend

Make sure you have the latest bios on your motherboard before upgrading to the quad. :)

I would guess that you wouldn't have problems, but just to be safe since 0910 and the newer versions are very different! The 1004 right after yours adds the E0 support noticed on some of the q9550 chips, not to mention the 11 bioses after that which you missed on the p5b. :)

they are in stock near me 12 of them...

I have an e6420 that sits at room temperature with my cooling, 20-22C and 33-35C load...would love to just sell my video card, e6420 and a couple old things for this upgrade.

Man this is tempting.

I also need to take apart my water cooling to remove a hard drive that is dead...(and get that rma'd). O man..

edit: it says out of stock now...dunno what happened there

Last edited:
lol it's in stock...it was some glitch showing everyone out of stock temporarily but it has changed from 12 to 9........

Deal is still going. I bought one 3 days ago at the Northern Va store and got an E0 with a VID of 1.15. The batch# was L845B873. Might want to ask for that one specifically. 1.15v is a really good VID for this chip.

The deal is back..... just wish that they would ship theirs great deals.
I don't feel like spending 3 hrs round trip.

thanks op. i went to the micro center out here at st.davids pa. was about a hour drive from where i live but the drive was fun in my z :)

anyway i got the q9550 and the packing date is Jun 05 09 so pretty new! I hope its a keeper!

Back