• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1xmattx1

Spent the lat few weeks doing this. Thanks for the people who answered my questions when I posted them :)

Case: Cooler Master Scout
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 (was able to OC to 3.8Ghz stable and idle temps 22C and Load 33C) http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=595382
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen II
Mobo: ASRock A780GMH/128M
RAM: 4x1Gb Hynix DDR2 533
GFX: VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb
PSU: Corsair TX650W
HDD: 160Gb Western Digital Caviar SE16, 250Gb Hitachi
Fans: {intake} 2x Cooler Master R4 120mm, 1x Cooler Master 140mm {exhaust} 2x Cooler Master 120mm

Last edited:
Very nice and neat.... that heatsink on your CPU is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!! :D

Edit: Where are your optical drives hiding?

nice man looks good...Im getting that same mobo as we speak its in the mail...hope it wall turns out well. I got a AMD 7750 with an Asus Mobos and they kept overvolting the CPU. So now Im going with AsRock.

Wouldn't that be cool :D a invisble no space taking CD Drive

This reminds me of seeing someone mod a laptop optical into the bottom front panel of an Antec 900, so they could fit 3 fans in the front panels instead of 2. I will see if I can dig up a link or something.

Edit: I knew it was around somewhere. I will keep looking and see if I can find the walk through to do it.

Edit Again: HERE is the closest thing to a guide I could find.

Last edited:
Back