• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJBrown

Hey guys I currently have a Dell PC with windows XP home installed. I downloaded a program that got my cd key for me. I just purchased all the stuff minus and OS to build my own computer.

My plan was to reinstall XP on the new computer and then download the windows 7 Beta UNTIL I get the funds to buy Vista Ultimate with the free Windows 7 ugrade. Which then I would install Vista Ultimate untill windows 7 comes out.

My question is....where can I get an xp disk?? I have a valid key I just need a disk with sp2 on it to install it.

your key is only valid for Dell OEM discs and it is tied to the motherboard I believe.
You cant transfer dell OS liscences between computers

Ok well is there any way to install the windows 7 until I can get the vista? Or do I need another OS installed first??

No you don't need another OS, Win7 RC1 is available on M$' site for public download

Can u guys point me in the right direction on where to get it?

Also which would be better to get 32bit or 64bit?

just goto microsofts website. I got, and prefer 64 -bit. There really isn't any reason not to get the 64-bit, unless your pc is too old to run it.

Back