• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue screen of death from HD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tombo12345

Ok, I have posted here a couple times in the last week getting help from you guys. I love you for it!

I bought an external enclosure and was able to recover everything from one of my crashed hard drives with file scavenger. But I have a second hard drive that crashed, and whenever its plugged in I get a blue screen of death! I cant have it plugged in when windows is loading because I will get a blue screen of death. Once windows has booted up, I turn on the enclosure, it spins up, file scavenger detects it, but before I can do anything, BSOD!

Does anybody have any idea what is causing this? I didnt thhink I would get a BSOD though a USB HD. Any potential fixes?

Are you getting BSoD on the same PC with different hard drives? I'd try the hard drive on a different PC to rule out problem with the hard drives.

I had a hard drive go bad on me recently. Thought I had a bad overclock because I was getting random restarts and eventually couldn't even boot. Then I tried unplugging the bad storage drive and I could boot again from my main one. Mind you the bad drive wasn't even my os drive but somehow it was interfering with the one that was. Weird.

Back