• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max cooling power: Antec 300, 900, or 1200? Fan replacement?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GrimX9

So my Raidmax Smilodon extreme black is jamaica'n me mad (poor case, looks nice) so I am wondering of the 3, which do you recommend for the best cooling vs price? With the antec 300, it has fewer fan slots but 50 bucks, 900 has more for around 100 and 1200 has a lot of fans for a lot more. Also, can you replace the blue fans in the 300/900/1200? Was thinking of red or white fans.

Last edited:
The system would most likely be air cooled, 900V2 is a viable option too.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking at reviews, and I would probably go for the Antec 900. Same question stands:
can you replace the blue fans in the 300/900/1200?

Last edited:
I don't see why you couldn't replace the fans. I personally have an Antec 300 and the fans are interchangeable. It might be more difficult or expensive to find some of the larger sized fans. And for LED's, you could always probably just cut them off or buy some new led's and replace the blue ones with a little more work but much cheaper price.

I don't see why you couldn't replace the fans. I personally have an Antec 300 and the fans are interchangeable. It might be more difficult or expensive to find some of the larger sized fans. And for LED's, you could always probably just cut them off or buy some new led's and replace the blue ones with a little more work but much cheaper price.

How thick is the windowless side panel? Is there much space for cable management?

i also have the 300 and im really glad i purchased it. There is fair amnt of room for cable management, but i did mod the case and drill some holes to route them to the back. (wasnt worried cuz it was only 50 bucks so it was great for drillin). The side panel is around 1/8 " thick.

I have the Antec 300 and overall I love it. Good amount of room from front to back but would have liked more from top to bottom. The pull fan on my TRUE is only about 1/2" from the 140mm top fan. The 300 is just wide enough to allow the side panel to clear the top of the TRUE's heat pipes which, like most of those tall tower coolers with 120mm fans requires the case to be at least 8" wide.

You can replace all the fans, although the big boy fan at the top might be harder to replace. I own a antec 900 and 1200. The 900 was very poor in cable management and unless you have the tools handy to mod a case I would recommend the antec 902 or the 1200 for easier cable management.

Also the 902 and 1200 have filters for the fans while the 900 has a real big problem with dust.

The 300 gets very good bang for its buck. 50 bucks for a well cooled case. Really depends on your budget, if you have a lot of desk space then go with the 1200, it will be a good case for future upgrades and water cooling as well.

Gonna 3rd the Antec 300. Good no thrills air cooled case. room for 6 hard drives, plenty of airflow, and its cheap. Just get some Yate-loon Medium speed fans and your good.

if you have a lot of desk space then go with the 1200, it will be a good case for future upgrades and water cooling as well.

ima 2nd that

got a 1200 my self and i love the bloody thing, only thing i dont really like is its weight (i go to alot of lans)

but if your not going to be lugging it around and you have the space on your desk, get the 1200 for sure! you wont be disappointed

the original Antec 900 has space for wire management. there's about a 1cm gap between the side panel and motherboard plate. :thup:

and of course you can change the fans! :)
i plan on switching to an all orange layout (xigmatek fans) once i sell my Antec fans.

i reckno the 900 looks the best. it was the origianl Antec gaming case.
300 looks too normal and not 'gaming' enough IMO, but i guess it's pretty good for its price.
and 1200 looks too tall and streched out :p
just my $0.02 lol.

Back