• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help choosing a psu for a ocing newb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smokeylocc187

hello im somewat of a newb to ocing and have never built a pc but i do have a pretty good knowledge of everything ecept power supplys so heres the dilema i have a antec 1200 case a evga classified mobo the watercooled edition a i7 920 want to oc to 4.1 - 4.4 two evga gtx 280 both oc edition and 12gb of corsair dominator 6x2gb ddr3 1600 a koolance pump and res the cd drive one and the antec radiator plus a feww extra fans and for uv 8in cathodes now my question is how much power at minum do i need to run this set up my friend said 850 if its a good psu but for all that it seems low to me so could someone please help me i am also interested in brand suggest with one stipulation i must be albe to get the cords uv sleeved so performance pc items pref thank you if you need to know more ask and i will anser thanxs

:welcome: Bro!

here's a good thread which lists well known PSUs of all sizes.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=589708

if you have an Antec 1200, i would recommend reading up on the Antec CP-850, which is especially made for the 1200 and 2 other Antec cases.
if you want UV sleeved cables, i think you'll have to do it yourself. buying a quality PSU and sleeving yourself, is far better than finding an average PSU with UV sleeved cables, as you want stable/consistent power to power your new system.

others you should look at are Antec Signature 850w, Corsair HX-850 and maybe something from the Enermax Revolution range. these are all god-like PSUs :santa:

:thup:

Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

How much money are you willing to spend? :)

S/N,

I was going to refer him to OW's new 910w PCP & Cooling review sample in the Classifieds but the doesn't have enough posts for the Classies. Can we do that?

I was mainly wondering if I need a thousand or a 850 but I'm currently looking into a corsair 1000 modular would that work and also what's a quality watercooling kit cuz building my own i'm a little Leary of money is no object

Back