• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help get new build to post!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuckManParkey

Ok I just finished putting together the new build it will not go past the bios screen and gives me this error "spd missing byte 23 or 25"
Motherboard
Ram is this

From the looks of it it is a memory problem, so far I have tried manually setting the memory to its specs needed and no luck. I am not sure what else I should be checking to get it past the first bios screen. Any help is appreciated.. Is this ram just uncompatible? The mobo details says it should work. Am I able to update the bios on the board since it its not going past the first bios screen? And could that be the problem. Is there a chance its the cpu? Its a phenom x2 940 4850 video card. Video comes up fine. In the bios it displays the correct cpu info.

Any help to get this think working is greatly appreciated. Just some tips into things I should check.

Your MB more than likely needs a BIOS update. In the BIOS try disabling "Wait for F1 if error", normally located under Boot--> Boot Settings Configuration, then flash to the latest A525 revision.

Back