• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2K and RedHat linux issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GATTACA

Registered
Hello, I've got a dual boot system with winblows 2000 and Red Hat linux 7.2. Linux is fine (not suprising) but w2k now takes FOREVER to boot! Each time it boots it tells me that it wants to check one of my partitions (the ones with linux on them). Plus, overal w2k speed has dropped (takes about 20 seconds for a new MS Word document to open!).
I have to cancel the check each time. It's as if windows is constantly running a scandisk in the background or something I'm not sure what's wrong. I've tried disabling autochk.exe but that doesn't work. Has anyone seen this problem before? Any ideas how to fix it?

All help is appreciated.
Thanks.

I'll have to see if I can find it but I remember reading something about this.
I think its because Win2K can see the partition so it keeps trying to access it, but it can't because of the filesystem (native linux fs- right?) Its a matter of telling 2K to stop seeing that partition .

IF I remember correctly! I'll see if I can find the info..

RedHat, or one of the Linux FAQs probably have something as well.

Back