• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temps high?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TURBO-MR

Registered
Hi guys! Ok, this is my new ROG, just built it. Question about temps.
Idle: North Bridge 59c; South Bridge 60c; CPU 46 c
During games: North Bridge 65c; South Bridge 70c; CPU 60 c
I'm concerned about North Bridge. What do you think?

Temps look a little high all the way around. How's your case air flow? Try taking the side off the case and set a box fan blowing into it if you have a question about how good the air flow is. That will tell you if that is part of the problem.

I should of mention this before that i just installed a second msi 4870 GPU, but before that my cpu was at high 30s and north/southbridge were at 40s. This second GPU brought alot of heat. It probably is air flow issue, but im not sure how i can fix this. Here is my fans set up:
Two 80mm intake fans at the front
One 80mm intake on the top
One 80mm intake on the side
120mm CPU fan picks up air from the side fan blows it up through heatsink to PSU
Another 80mm picks up air from the top fan blows it through heatsink to rear 120mm exhaust fan.
Both GPUs run at 60c with is not a problem but the create alot of heat for everthing else.
The question is, is it time for water cooling? Although I really don't want to.

I think it is time for a new case with bigger fans and better air flow. IMO you need to address that before you think about water cooling. Water cooling would help the CPU but not the other stuff that is running too hot as well. Yes, you can water cool the cpu, gpu, chipset, etc. with water but that wold be super expensive with lots of logistical problems, including the danger of leaks.

I agree with a new case and get one like mine with at least 120mm fans.The pc will be quieter and move a lot of air.My Sniper case and fans hardly ever get over 40c including the cpu.A new Sniper case is about 75 dollars at egg.

I should of mention this before that i just installed a second msi 4870 GPU, but before that my cpu was at high 30s and north/southbridge were at 40s. This second GPU brought alot of heat. It probably is air flow issue, but im not sure how i can fix this. Here is my fans set up:
Two 80mm intake fans at the front
One 80mm intake on the top
One 80mm intake on the side
120mm CPU fan picks up air from the side fan blows it up through heatsink to PSU
Another 80mm picks up air from the top fan blows it through heatsink to rear 120mm exhaust fan.
Both GPUs run at 60c with is not a problem but the create alot of heat for everthing else.
The question is, is it time for water cooling? Although I really don't want to.

Do you have a pic of that? Label the airflow direction if you post it up.

Typically, a top fan is set to exhaust b/c heat rises, and you don't want to push it back down in the case.

If the north/south bridges don't have fans you might strap one on there. Won't hurt, could help a lot.

It might be time to buy a dremel and go to work on the case to fit 120mm fans in there.

I agree with Bobnova and it might be easely done making you holes bigger for some bigger fans and adding some n/s heatsink fans.why diddnt i think of that:bang head

Back